I need some recommendations for some good strap locks.I need some because my strap came off of my New Ibanez RG2EX1 and it almost dropped headstock first. I would prefer to not have to do any drilling and they be pretty simple to install.
Schaller seem to make the best.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Schaller seem to make the best.

Seconded; mine have lasted me for years without problem.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Schaller are certainly secure, but if your pickups tend to be microphonic, they can transmit all sorts of odd noises as they rattle around. If your pickups are not microphonic (most aren't), go for them.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
im also looking for strap locks, recently i bought cool strap brand to try them out, screws are too small...
Crescent(No info on this, bought used, PM if you'd like to help me out...?)
2007 Warlock
I have dunlops on two of my guitars. They work fine but were a pain to install.
I have Schallers on everything, some of them are over 20 years old and I'd be hard pressed to tell the oldest ones from the newer ones. They'll probably outlast your guitar.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Or, you could just drink a couple of Grolsch from the cool bottles, then use the rubber washers from the flip tops to hold your strap on. I drink too much, and they work great.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Ignite

I guess they are ok if you don't already own a good strap. I would much prefer my hand made leather straps with Schallers than some cruddy nylon thing. If you have Schallers you can put them on anything so you aren't limited to the type of strap you use. Buy a classy 2 1/2" two ply leather strap? Stick on the Schallers and you're ready to roll.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I might get the locking strap because my strap that I have right now is just a cheap $5 nylon strap then get the strap locks when I get a decent leather strap.
Last edited by Jesse0315 at Aug 19, 2011,
Actually im just going to get a decent leather strap and the strap locks because i read some reviews and some were saying stuff about it leaving residue on the guitars.

grolsch beer rubber gaskets. free when u buy a bottle, make great strap locks!
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Cathbard
I have Schallers on everything, some of them are over 20 years old and I'd be hard pressed to tell the oldest ones from the newer ones. They'll probably outlast your guitar.

Even used guitars will come with them. Picked up a used Ibanez rga121h today, told the clerk to grab me some schaller locks...then opened up the guitar case and saw that it already had them Been using Schaller strap locks for 23 years, never had a problem...and even more important never had a strap come off and ding a guitar!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
screw that, I just bolt in a washer usually.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Quote by Cathbard
I guess they are ok if you don't already own a good strap. I would much prefer my hand made leather straps with Schallers than some cruddy nylon thing. If you have Schallers you can put them on anything so you aren't limited to the type of strap you use. Buy a classy 2 1/2" two ply leather strap? Stick on the Schallers and you're ready to roll.

+1. I like my straps. They're not leather, and they're not expensive, but I like them.

Also, another big advantage of strap locks is that you can take them off, put them on other guitars with the same locks. So you could use a single strap for all of your guitars. Cuts down a little bit on space if you're gigging or what not. And it's just nice and easy.

I personally use Dunlops, but I might switch to Schallers, if I can find the damn Ruthenium ones ANYWHERE. I hate when stuff is on a companies main site, and then isn't in any stores anywhere.

Still waiting for the Peavey XXX II, on that note...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Sep 22, 2011,
Schaller, Dunlop, and Ernie Ball are all well liked by many. I have Ernie Ball and they also work quite well. Also, they retrofit on Ibey RG's with no modifications. Just take out the screw from the RG and replace the strap button and new screw. Takes like 2 minutes.
Quote by Offworld92
I personally use Dunlops, but I might switch to Schallers, if I can find the damn Ruthenium ones ANYWHERE. I hate when stuff is on a companies main site, and then isn't in any stores anywhere.

Wow, the Ruthenium locks look awesome. I see that a few shops in Europe have them. Probably a little pricey to ship them to NA tho
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I have always used Dunlops. No real preference, I have used Schaller and the Ernie Ball ones on other peoples guitars, and they seems just as solid. I simply just use Dunlop, because it was my first straplock system and I like the interchangability between my multiple guitars... although I almost never actually swap straps, lol.
Quote by Cathbard

You sir just gave me a great idea....i shall salvage the locking ends of this strap and attach them to a nice strap. Preferably a leopard one.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by ECistheBest

grolsch beer rubber gaskets. free when u buy a bottle, make great strap locks!

That doesn't look like a very good solution if you need to take your strap off to put it back in your guitar case.
I got Ernie balls. Love em. I also had schallers in one guitar so I can do a comparison. I think that the Ernie balls ones are easier to put on and off + they look cooler
Quote by Butt Rayge
That doesn't look like a very good solution if you need to take your strap off to put it back in your guitar case.

Boy oh boy oh boy have you ever missed the point. Buy two bottles (oh wait, they come in 6 packs), drink beer, use top for gee-tar. Drink beer, repeat....u get it.....
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Oct 6, 2011,
+1 for cliplock strap
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute