hey i need some opinions, im in need to buy a new amp, my 4 year old raven rg20 is failing on me. i play in a thrash/metalcore/deathcore band as lead guitarist and songwriter, and i need something to be able to match a metal drummer and be loud enough & still be able to be clean at high volumes for club/BOTB shows. i need a great clean sound, nothing bright but for dark, mellow clean intros which i write alot. i dont care about overdrive since i have pretty much a quality tonal setup, with a boss mt-2/ml-2 on deck. but the drive channel should be good for rock tones like pink floyd/zeppelin/the cars/tool. so far ive considered the Randall KH75, the peavey vypyr tube 60, the marshall MG101fx, the blackstar HT club 60. what do??
I played the 50watt version of the marshall you are looking at today, and the high gain sounded really bad. For the most part I hear a lot of the mg series are not very good. Blackstar has good overdrive setting but you will need to use your pedal to get deathcore tones out of it. I have no experience with Randalls. The vyper I hear is good, but don't really know much about it.
Moved to GG&A.

All I can say is that you should try them all out. As for the MG series, weren't they recently superceeded?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud