A little fib here and there is okay
95 65%
Brutal honesty is the way to go
38 26%
I don't tell the truth ever
14 10%
Voters: 147.
Page 1 of 2
Would you tell a little white lie to someone you cared about if it meant not hurting their feelings? Or are you always bluntly honest with someone, even if it might hurt?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
no, i tell white lies. brutal honesty is reserved for people i don't give a shit about.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Usually white lies, I don't see a point to be popping bubbles all the time and getting everybody pissed off.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
Quote by laid-to-waste
no, i tell white lies. brutal honesty is reserved for people i don't give a shit about.

This.
it really depends on the severity of the situation. i have no problem telling white lies to protect someone's feelings, but if i feel i need to be completely honest i have no problem with that either.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I'm bluntly honest. Seems to have worked out so far.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
White lie, there is no way I am ever going to tell that ugly guy who could be mistaken for a grape tree because of how bad his acne is that he is ugly and yes I can notice your acne. His self esteem is low enough he doesn't need me to insult him.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Depends on the person, my relationship to the person, what the lie is about and how much I've had to drink.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Brutal honesty. The truth hurts, but that hurt strengthens you.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by RU Experienced?
I lie all the time, but I prefer people to be honest with me even if it comes across as blunt or hurtful.

You're a dick.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
You're a dick.

He said to be honest... he's a massive dick.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Jackal58
You're a dick.

Br00tal honesty.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
Quote by RU Experienced?
I lie all the time, but I prefer people to be honest with me even if it comes across as blunt or hurtful.

I secretly wish you would fall into an open manhole.

Too honest?
I lie a LOT. Never anything to hurt people, just because I don't want to tell people I don't want to hang out because I don't like them or don't want to. So white lies, but I do it a shit ton
Last edited by cornmancer at Aug 18, 2011,
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I secretly wish you would fall into an open manhole.

Too honest?

It'd be more honest if you wished it explicitly rather than being a prissy little 12 year old girl with your secrets.
Quote by Eric_Fail
White lie, there is no way I am ever going to tell that ugly guy who could be mistaken for a grape tree because of how bad his acne is that he is ugly and yes I can notice your acne. His self esteem is low enough he doesn't need me to insult him.

too late
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by RU Experienced?
It'd be more honest if you wished it explicitly rather than being a prissy little 12 year old girl with your secrets.

Well excuse me for having feelings!!!!
I just don't do anything to hurt anyone so I don't have to make that decision.
I'm usually pretty blunt but sometimes it depends on the situation/person
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
I'm very honest. I may tell a white lie to not get punched in the face by a stranger, but I am br00tully honest with my friends.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
It depends. If its something important, the truth, but if its something insignificant then lie.

And I voted that I never tell the truth.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Depends on the anticipated result. Some people and situations require honest input, others require verbal lubrication worthy of a skateboard salesman in Antarctica.
Quote by Jackal58
Depends on the person, my relationship to the person, what the lie is about and how much I've had to drink.

This. This. x10000
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by cornmancer
I lie a LOT. Never anything to hurt people, just because I don't want to tell people I don't want to hang out because I don't like them or don't want to. So white lies, but I do it a shit ton

oh god, I've been lieing to this one guy I used to be really good friends with so I don't have to hang out with him. He's just started to go crazy, and I don't really want to be around him. I feel tremendously bad about it though
I lie, a lot. I'm a good liar, I have to admit. I put together crazy elaborate stories and I remember them forever

But really, I do it when it's to protect someone else from being hurt, or to even protect myself sometimes.. Selfish, I know. But I do it. It just happens
Quote by rgrockr
I'm bluntly honest. Seems to have worked out so far.

This. But you have to be honest in a nice way.
I lie if it takes less words to explain than the truth.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Depends on how close I am with the person, the closer I am the more honest I will be, the less I give a shit about the person the more I will try and respect them...which really doesn't make any sense to me now as I type it.

I have a lot of thinking to do.
Although I think White Lies is a great band, I do prefer my Death Meta...

Oh, I see. Nah, I'd rather lie a tiny little bit than to hurt people. Except when it really matters and they're about to do something stupid or making a fool out of themselves, then I'll say something.
Page 1 of 2