Hello, my two rabbits decided it would be funny to eat all the exposed wires on my tube amp (electric cord, reverb springs cord, speaker cord). There is very little to work with now, so i am guessing all the cords need to be replaced. There is a local shop here in town I am going to call that says they do general amp repair, but I would like some input on if anyone has experience with this and could give me a price estimate.

Thanks!
if there isn't any damage besides the wire it shouldn't be to terribly much the most would probably be the reverb spring cord cause. i can't tell you anything price wise though
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Like the wires, the electrical wire(which plugs into the wall), the reverb wires(which plug the reverb springs into the amp), and the speaker wire(which connects to the speaker and plugs into the amp). haha, its an open back amp, so I guess they did kind of get into the back of it to eat the reverb wires. It effects the amp by not letting anything work, haha.
If you have any wire still left, at least like a 1 inch nub of solid wire, you can patch it yourself. You wont get shocked(at least I don't think so). It's pretty simple, get new power cord, solder and heat shrink together, get new wire length, solder inbetween two nubs of reverb wire, heat shrink together.
Fixing that would be about an hour's work so it should cost you about $50 to have somebody repair it - as long as that's all the damage they did and they didn't get into anything else. Add a few bucks for cable but you are lucky really, that isn't too bad.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Easy fix. Rabbit stew tastes good too.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Haha, Okay here are the culprits! Kloe is the Female Blonde holland lop(most likely didn't do it), and Charlie is the Male Netherland (most likely did it, haha). In the first picture they are where they like it best, on the A/C vent, haha.

The amp is a Crate V1512T to answer the other question, lol
Attachments:
Untitled2.jpg
cute wabbits

is that a homemade pedal board i see? noice

to avoid this in future consider some moth balls in the amp or maybe wrap some tinfoil around the cables (not sure if that would cause interference) - Cathbard or Code Monk may know.
Foil wouldn't cause any interference, if anything it would add some shielding but it probably won't stop a rabbit. You can get pet repellent. I'd paint some of that on the cables instead - or keep the rabbits out of that room.

Cute rabbits.

So a Crate can handle this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-z_qNNcVz8
but are vulnerable to bunny wabbits.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 19, 2011,
Quote by CodeMonk
I once went out on a PC repair job.
Found a dead snake inside the PC.

Rabbits. They ate his crystal lettuce.

People, please!

Give credit where it's due
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by HawtBwooty
Haha, Okay here are the culprits! Kloe is the Female Blonde holland lop(most likely didn't do it), and Charlie is the Male Netherland (most likely did it, haha). In the first picture they are where they like it best, on the A/C vent, haha.

aw
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by HawtBwooty

They DO NOT look apologetic at all. I say call homeland security and report them as domestic terrorists. That'll teach 'em.

For the amp, I'd take it to a shop.
They were attracted to the crystal lettuce.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!