What interface do u guys think has the best converters for 1000 dollars or less. The interface doesn't have to include mic pres but must work for mac and pc.
USA Jackson RR1, Carvin Custom 7 String, Peavey 6505+, Krank Krankenstein Cabinet, Carvin Power Conditioner, Line 6 G 90 Wireless, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Full tone OCD Overdrive, ISP Decimator, Boss TU 2 Tuner
The MOTU 8Pre is a solid choice, mac and pc compatible. Acts as a interface or can be linked up with another interface to act as a 'slave' in where it is effectively a converter. You have 8 inputs, so you have enough to mic a drum kit. It cost me £399, so that would be around the $650 mark for where you are. I own a small studio here in Britain and it's been trustworthy for the year and a half I've been running It is firewire though, so if that's not what you want I still think checking out the MOTU range would be a good idea.

Hope this gives you something to start on anyway
The trouble with democracy is, no matter who you vote for the government always gets in.
the more inputs the better. Honestly I dont need all those pre's because I use outboard pre's. I was looking more at like the MOTU 2403 mk3, Echo Audiofire 12, and a couple others. But want to hear every ones opinions.
USA Jackson RR1, Carvin Custom 7 String, Peavey 6505+, Krank Krankenstein Cabinet, Carvin Power Conditioner, Line 6 G 90 Wireless, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Full tone OCD Overdrive, ISP Decimator, Boss TU 2 Tuner
Would be helpful to know what you have currently.

If your preamps have ADAT compatibility then get something by RME - I had a Hammerfall 9652 at one point which is basically just 3 adat ins and outs in a PCI card and I shít you not it was the most stable interface I ever had - no dropouts, stupid low latency and rock solid drivers - the sort that having had experience with many other companies is just unparalleled.

It also depends whether you require mobility, I ended up selling that card just purely to move to a mobile rig that I could easily take with me.
Owen - Sound Engineer - Mixing & Editing Available, PM for details.
If you have outboard pre's why are you even considering interfaces? You'll save money and get higher quality if you just look for the converters themself, plus you'll bypass the preamps of the interface which will probably be poorer quality than yours if you buy a cheap interface.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.