Can someone please suggest me a good program that is easy to use and that I can create percussion and bass tracks with (please do not suggest me guitar pro). Not being able to practice with my band all the time, I'd like to be able to create percussion and bass tracks I could write guitar parts over. I feel like I could be more creative and build off of my ideas this way. Thanks for any suggestions!

I wasn't totally sure what forum to put this in, so sorry if it's in the wrong place.
Guitar pro.

Or the free Tux Guitar.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Quote by BlueFuzion101
Can someone please suggest me a good program that is easy to use and that I can create percussion and bass tracks with (please do not suggest me guitar pro). Not being able to practice with my band all the time, I'd like to be able to create percussion and bass tracks I could write guitar parts over. I feel like I could be more creative and build off of my ideas this way. Thanks for any suggestions!

I wasn't totally sure what forum to put this in, so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

You could always get yourself a DAW and some virtual instruments
Ibanez: RGD2127Z
Ibanez: RG1527
Ibanez: RG1570
Ibanez: S7420
Ibanez: JS100
Dean: Razorback Cemetery Gates
Peavey: 6505+
Fractal Audio: Axe FX II mark 2
Mesa Boogie: Recto 4x12

7>6! Join the 7-string legion!
tux sucks..... gp rulez....!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF YOU READ 'H' I MEAN 'B'

GERMAN H = AMERICAN B

I'm genuinely interested in why you don't want to use Guitar Pro.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Some of us can't afford it at the moment. I'm that way at least.
We're all alright!
Quote by Mathedes
Some of us can't afford it at the moment. I'm that way at least.

protip: don't buy it
Quote by Flibo
I'm genuinely interested in why you don't want to use Guitar Pro.

Because the way it sounds, I'm looking for something a bit more professional sounding. I want something that has a real drum machine.
try garage band if you have a mac, im sure there are similar programs for windows (DAWs) but I dont know if any of the free ones have virtual instruments.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by BlueFuzion101
Because the way it sounds, I'm looking for something a bit more professional sounding. I want something that has a real drum machine.

Fair enough, but you can export the .midi tracks and pimp 'em up in some DAW software like Reaper. Not sure how you can get a decent bass guitar that way though.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
I use an old version of Acid for putting together quick backing tracks using loops.

For more elaborate stuff I use DAW software (using Ableton right now) and Superior Drummer.
I got a cracked version of FL studios. Hasn't failed me yet. Torrents can be a friend or a foe, make sure to read the comments before downloading, and have an anti-virus in place.
Last edited by Four-Sticks at Aug 19, 2011,