Hi, sorry if this isn't quite exactly the correct area of the forums to post this question, but I couldn't decide which section I should use to ask about Live Sound... So here goes-

My band really needs some quality speakers to use in a PA set up that we can use for both practice and gigs. We have a budget of $400 max for both combined and we want a pair that can get louddddddd without cutting out or getting fuzzy at the higher volumes, etc. We need a powered set because we don't have enough extra money to buy separate amps for each one if we were to get unpowered/passive ones.

Any suggestions? Please help, links would be great!! Thanks a million =]
Do you have a mixer at least?

If you do, I will have to go with Behringer. They sell powered behringer speakers for less than $200 each. We used to use them before we got the QSC K12 and sub, and then eventually the Bose L series. They were loud enough, we even dropped them once or twice actually. Works to this day. We would use them as a monitor setup, but the bose can fill the whole room with sound easily.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Loud enough to get your singer over drums. If you can't get over the drums with those, your drummer needs to learn control. Mixing stage volume nicely with the pa lends to a nice, fuller sound. Part of it is placement and singing technique. Our backup pa is the b52 matrix 1000, with two 150 watt, high efficiency 10" satellites and a 700 watt sub. We use a tc helicon vocal compressor and auto eq and the singer is loud and clear over our drummer, 1000 bass stack and my 200 watt stereo tube poweramp because we keep the stage volume at a good volume to be loud, but not overpowering.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra