so I'm asking the Pit for help.

I've been working for a few months now and saving almost all my money towards a car. Within a month or so I should get there once you factor in all the extra BS costs like insurance and rego. I need the car because my job is only when uni is in session, so once it ends I may need to be able to travel for work.

Only thing is a band I know need a new bassist. They play the kind of music I love and everything - but I don't own a bass or bass amp and can't borrow one easily. I have enough now for a bass and amp I can gig and stuff with at a pinch, but it'll wipe out most of my car savings and I probably won't get them back by the time work wraps up.

I've spent most of the past day trying to figure it out, and since I'm not able to on my own I was hoping I could get advice from an external source. My mates aren't helping, so I'm turning to the Pit to help.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
tl;dr Can't decide between saving for car or bass and equip

Sort your priorities out. Transportations a necessity for you it sounds like. If you can get your car within a month or so you could have time saving for the other stuff.
IN LIFE...

IS DEATH

IN DEATH...

IS DEATH
Quote by epiless
car dumbass

Yea.

Look dude, you're not even gonna play you're preferred instrument in that band. You're gonna keep thinking to yourself "man what I really wanted to play was guitar (or your preferred instrument)."
Quote by shadow__666

I've been working for a few months now and saving almost all my money towards a car. Within a month or so I should get there once you factor in all the extra BS costs like insurance and rego. I need the car because my job is only when uni is in session, so once it ends I may need to be able to travel for work.

Yeah, that car insurance sure is BS.

TS, are you sure you're actually old enough to drive?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I'd go with the car. It's likely that band won't last, and you said you need the car to work. I think work is more important.
Quote by metacarpi
Yeah, that car insurance sure is BS.

TS, are you sure you're actually old enough to drive?

Haha, funny. I'm 21.

And thanks guys. I reckon that's the sensible move.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Haha, funny. I'm 21.

And thanks guys. I reckon that's the sensible move.

At that age, you shouldn't have needed to create a forum to figure out what the sensible thing to do is.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Get the car and watch craigslist for cheap bass gear. Just get the cheapest bass you can find for now (sub $100) and like a 300 watt amp ($100 max).

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Yeah ok, get a bass.
You wanna jam with friends or gig or whatever?
Gonna get kinda sucky for your friends to have to drive you around anywhere.

Get a car.