Hi guys,

I am looking for a decent, not too expensive expression pedal to be used with a Line 6 M13, and that will default to a volume pedal when not in use by the M13.

Has anyone got any ideas? Whats the Line 6 EX1 like?
I used google...

There is 4 expression pedals off the bad that are under $100
Fender Deluxe 72' Telecaster w/ SD SH-4 JB
humbucker in the bridge position running through....
--
Crate FlexWave 120H
Marshall 1960A 4x12
Boss TU-3
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet
BBE Green Screamer
MXR m109 6-band EQ
MXR m135 Smart Gate
I don't think an expression pedal will work as a volume pedal... I may be wrong though.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
I don't think an expression pedal will work as a volume pedal... I may be wrong though.

Could anyone clarify this? I was under the impression that an expression pedal by default (i.e. hooked up between the amp and my pedal board) would act, by default, as a volume pedal...I might be horrendously wrong though!!!
that wouldn't work no, an expression pedal dosen't have a volume pot

also wouldn't it be plugged directly into the board rather than in front of it i.e in a specfic input slot, not the guitar input
Last edited by teh_goon at Aug 19, 2011,
The only problem is, on my M13 I can set 1 of the 4 slots as a volume pedal, but then of course it takes away 1 of my slots. At the moment I am using one of the slots as auto-volume delay which is used for swells. The reason I am looking for a stand alone volume pedal is to free up this slot and do the swells manually.

Any specific volume pedals out there then I can use?
Quote by Sephirangel
Could anyone clarify this? I was under the impression that an expression pedal by default (i.e. hooked up between the amp and my pedal board) would act, by default, as a volume pedal...I might be horrendously wrong though!!!
I believe the M13 works better with an expression pedal that has a lower impedance pot (10K-25K). It might work with a volume pedal like the EB Active (25K pot). I don't know. But you can get the M-Audio EX-P expression pedal for $30 from GC, and it will work. I use it with my M5.

Edit: You can't plug it into the M13 expression jack and have it work as a separate volume pedal. I had thought you meant use it as an Ex Pedal in one hookup and a volume in another.
Last edited by fly135 at Aug 19, 2011,
Quote by fly135
Edit: You can't plug it into the M13 expression jack and have it work as a separate volume pedal. I had thought you meant use it as an Ex Pedal in one hookup and a volume in another.

I might well do that at some point but for now I am just looking for a pedal to control volume. It doesnt have to plug into the M13, maybe just sit between guitar and M13 or M13 and amp.
Morley's stuff is nice. I have the Lil' Alligator and, while some people complain about the taper, they just are whailing on it, no finesse. I quite like mine, you just got to take some time to learn how the taper shifts. Ernie Ball's are well respected as well.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I have an M13, and I just have a separate expression pedal and volume pedal. You can't it both ways, either it's in front of/behind the M13 and it's a volume pedal, or you plug it into the expression pedal input jack and it's an expression pedal (Meaning you can use the volume pedal patch from the M13). Anyways, if you need reccomendations, this is my expression pedal

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boss-FV500L-Impedance-Expression-Pedal/dp/B000PGMDNQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1313806887&sr=1-2

And this is my volume pedal

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ernie-Ball-Junior-Volume-Pedal/dp/B0002GZ052/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1313807001&sr=1-1

Both work fantastically well.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo