I got my Jeff Loomis NT! First 7 string!

Soundclip: http://soundcloud.com/cowsonthebeach/loomis-test

Rhythm sound! I haven't tweaked a lead tone I'm happy with as yet. Will upload soon!
Pics also will be up in a day or two.

Review

Features: Ash body, maple set neck, maple fretboard, 26.5" scale(WIN!), fixed bridge, EMG 707s.

The good shit:

Ash/maple/maple wood combination- I couldn't be happier! Crisp, tight and articulate rhythm sounds, ULTIMATE clarity, hold down a complex ass 5 or 6 string chord and turn up the gain, you still hear everything VERY VERY nicely. Also, the thing has plenty of sustain for lead work.

Fixed bridge- I hate Floyds. Personal thing.

26.5" scale- Okay now THIS feature is a godsend! PLENTY of string tension, I like my strings nice and tight for riffwork. The added tension also helps the clarity.

EMG707s- They LOVE gain. refuse to get muddy. A bit warmer than your standard active pickup (I played an 81 long ago, the 6 string version, it was WAY brighter). It's based on the 85, I hear. They KILL on clean sounds as well.

Neck profile/neck joint: Makes upper fret access a breeze. And I like a slightly chunky feeling neck, I have long fingers and Ibanez necks tend to be too thin for me. YMMV.

Black satin-Satin finish is win over gloss, and I dunno what problem people have with black guitars. This one looks gorgeous, you guys are retarded LOL j/k

The not-so-good shit:

Ash/maple/maple wood combination- Works well for rhythm, but for leads it does tend to get a bit shrill, and sounds a bit hollow. I think it's the ash, the mids aren't too pronounced. Takes a while to get used to and tweak a tone that works, but it's alright. I'm mainly a rhythm player.

26.5" scale- makes it a little difficult to bend, but then that's something you can live with. Tune a half step down or something.

EMG 707s- Well as good as they are for high-ass gain, they sound thin and brittle on low-ish gain tones. They don't just LIKE gain, they NEED a lot of gain to fill them out. They sound compressed, and they aren't too dynamically transparent. Bluesy stuff is difficult to do on this guitar, but you don't buy a Loomis if you want to play blues :P

A little note:

I think I got a not-so-great piece. I'm already having pickup switching problems within a week, and when I tried to check the battery, the battery compartment screw was to tight and wouldn't come out, and the screw got worn out from the inside, so now the screwdriver doesn't have any leverage and the damn screw is stuck there. Sending it back is a no-go, I'm in India. I didn't expect Schecter's quality control to crap out, especially since I paid nearly a thousand dollars for it. I'll have to think twice before buying a Schecter in future. This guitar, however, features wise, is an incredible instrument.

Overall verdict:

The ULTIMATE rhythm machine, you CANNOT beat it in that department, but needs a bit of tweaking for leadwork, but it can definitely handle it. I use my PODX3 direct into my PC and I have achieved great tones for both rhythm and lead(lead tones were a lot tougher) but it can work. Buy the Loomis if you're a serious riffer, you will NOT be disappointed. If you want a guitar that's more oriented towards warmer lead sounds, get the Blackjack or something. A great guitar for the money, assuming you get a flawless piece.

I hope my review has helped! I'll put up pics as soon as I can! Within the next 2 days!

Badass man. Awesome sound clip too. Would definitely love to see some pictures of the guitar. The maple neck with the black body looks really awesome.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by TubeAmp89
the battery compartment screw was to tight and wouldn't come out, and the screw got worn out from the inside, so now the screwdriver doesn't have any leverage and the damn screw is stuck there

It's screwed into ash, so I'm going to say that you probably used the wrong screwdriver.

HNDG though
I love ash bodies, man. Sounds pretty good, too.

Also, if you think you got a lemon, take it back to where you bought it an ask for a setup, or demand another model because that one isn't what you were promised. I know guitar center has a return policy as long as you do it within a time frame.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Aug 19, 2011,
Quote by W4RP1G
It's screwed into ash, so I'm going to say that you probably used the wrong screwdriver.

HNDG though

I'm not that retarded. I used the correct one, but the thing wouldn't budge. The screwdriver slipped, and screwed the screw.

And thanks
Last edited by TubeAmp89 at Aug 19, 2011,