Greetings there fellas, I decided to try some further tweaking with the amp and eq today, and this question came into my mind, I usually run my Post-Gain at 7 (not o clock) to achieve the power tube breakup, but it kinda sounds a little bit flubby-ish as I turn the volume up, could be due to the power tubes running outta life or due to the attenuator that I'm using?

Anyhow, what volume do you guys run your 5150/6505's when you're after power tube break-up ? I still gotta finda sweet spot for the amp.

Any help is appreciated.
*chugga chugga chuggity chug chug chug*
I play metal.

I dont want it to break up. That is whats making it sound flubby. Power tube distortion...

Why do you think it has so much headroom?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I guess this amp is not supposed to break-up for power tube distortion. I'll try with the volume around 3.5 - 4 and see if it's much better.
Quote by Kuntekin
Greetings there fellas, I decided to try some further tweaking with the amp and eq today, and this question came into my mind, I usually run my Post-Gain at 7 (not o clock) to achieve the power tube breakup, but it kinda sounds a little bit flubby-ish as I turn the volume up, could be due to the power tubes running outta life or due to the attenuator that I'm using?

Anyhow, what volume do you guys run your 5150/6505's when you're after power tube break-up ? I still gotta finda sweet spot for the amp.

Any help is appreciated.
WTF? Post gain at 7? Where do you play?
Heh, I do play in my bedroom, with a THD Hot Plate attenuator though, decibel reduction from that. No way I would turn up my post gain further than 1.5 without the attenuator.
Well probably, I tried turning back the attenuator's reduction a little bit, and rolled back the post lead to 4, it kinda sounds better now, got rid of that flubbiness. I'm guessing the 5150 is not supposed to break-up after all ?
Quote by Kuntekin
Well probably, I tried turning back the attenuator's reduction a little bit, and rolled back the post lead to 4, it kinda sounds better now, got rid of that flubbiness. I'm guessing the 5150 is not supposed to break-up after all ?

That's kinda why it's 120 watts bro.
Yeah, the headroom :P.
Thanks for all the help guys, really, it cleared my sound a lot.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
That's kinda why it's 120 watts bro.

This pretty much..

Never tried to get power tube break up from my 6505+. I usually play with volume 1. -.-
Wow is all I can say
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean