I was looking to get a decent amp, since I don't have a good one actually.

Budget: MAX 500 euro. Actually I have 200.

Genres: mainly rock and metal. Fav bands are Judas priest, Whitesnake, Ozzy Osbourne (so zakk wylde), black sabbath, medageth, pantera, acdc, led zeppelin.

New/used: well...It depends on what we're talking about. Of course a 150 euro used on ebay instread of i 500euro new I'll go for the used

Home or gig: I started only 6 months ago to play guitar, so actually home. But I would really like to go for some gigs as soon as I'll be able to play good enought. So maybe a good amp for home/small-medium gigs.

Closest city: Cossato, Biella and if there's nothing worth buying there, I should go to Merula, a big store in my region. But it's quite far.

Actually I have a schecter Blackjack ATX C-1

In the store nearest to my home, I found this amp (rocktron rt80), new, and he's selling it for 280 new (instread of 520 euro or something like that).

He said it's a good quality amp and it may be ok even for some gigs. But I want some more opinions about it. As long as it is really discounted, I would go for it if it's a good deal.
The sellers opinion doesn't count, as long as he only wants my money

He has also a peavey bandit 112 (for 300 eurs) and a marshall MG50 (for 400 eurs), both new.
I've been told marshall mg is not good.

Thanks for any help!

and again, sorry for my bad english.

P.S: I didn't try that amp yet. And I know almost nothing about amps.
i haven't played that particular model but the rocktrons i have played were pretty terrible imho. also theres no way you could even have band practice with that, let alone gig.

actually it might be able to do practices with, i thought it said 30, not 80
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Last edited by Goodtimes666 at Aug 19, 2011,
Ok, so I'll stay away from that.

What about the peavey?
Or any other advices? Maybe something from ebay would be ok as well.