Hey guys im messaging for Our bassist again, We are looking for a new amp,
we play hard rock metal, but at home he likes more laid back stuff too, so a versatile amp, we are limited in buying from here....
i would have done some prior reaserach, but as a guitarist i know nothing of bass amps, and Our basist isn't to hot on gear either.
We will be doing outdoor gigs, some will be micd up sometimes, but to exceed the drummer and be able to fill medium pub and club venues is a must
Linky.. http://www.soundpad.co.uk/webshop/new/amplifiers/bass-amps/

Thanks in advance, ( there is also a preowned section on the site.)
budget?

anything he knows he needs or actively doesn't want features-wise?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
GK800rb

It's the SVT of solidstates... it's in your budget (you may have to go Used)... it sounds incredible... it's good for any size venue... it has line-out... it's built like a tank...
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Line 6 Lowdown 150-175 would be perfect. It has a line out. loud enough for medium size gigs. I've played a couple outdoors with it. Will overpower your drummer and I belive its a good price. I got my 175 for about $450 Canadian.
Line6 guitar stuff is great once you get past the beginner stuff.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by jumpaside
Line 6 Lowdown 150-175 would be perfect. It has a line out. loud enough for medium size gigs. I've played a couple outdoors with it. Will overpower your drummer and I belive its a good price. I got my 175 for about $450 Canadian.

No, No, No, No, No, No, NO NO NO!

Not even a matter of opinion Line6 bass gear is shite for anything. It's versatile in as much as it sucks equally at everything.

I would go for the Ashdown stuff if it falls with in your budget.

This head

This Cab to start (funnily enough this was the first cab I bought, but a mini version with a smaller box)

You only need one cab to begin, buy another if/when you can afford it.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Aug 20, 2011,
Get the Hartke 5500 in the used section and the Line 6 4x10.

Hartkes are great amps and the 5500 has a tube and ss pre amp that is blendable and a graphic EQ.

The Line 6 low down 4x10 has eminence speakers in it, which are some of the best bass speakers you can get.

Thats a little over 700 GBP, if you cant strech the budget the Ashdown mag 4x10 will work diecent as well.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate