Hey there guys.

I am a guitar teacher and I run online guitar tuition I offer skype tuition.

I have a group of happy students and teach most days but I am looking to expand my site.

What I wanted to know is what sort of service you guys need (tuition wise) that you are not getting now?

Im expecting 99% wise cracks but for the 1% of sensible answers I will try and help if I can.

As well as Skype lessons I also do one to one lessons and youtube lessons so that will cover most requirement.

The site is still young so as you can see it needs some more content, I will however not be spamming it with ads and other such like and want it to be geared to what you guys want.

Anyway I look forward to your answers.

Thanks.

Rob
Last edited by guitarlessonz at Aug 19, 2011,
If chatroulette taught us anything, it's that the world needs more people showing their dicks via webcam.

More, damnit!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Weaponized
Why do people even use chords? All you need is exotic scales to be cool.

Lol
Last edited by guitarlessonz at Aug 19, 2011,
Quote by dann_blood
If chatroulette taught us anything, it's that the world needs more people showing their dicks via webcam.

More, damnit!

Thanks for making me laugh
The only type of lessons I would pay for are songwriting lessons. eg, what sounds good together, different approaches by different artists, neat ways to put different scales/modes together, chord theory, leading, stuff like that.

I can work on technique on my own and I can learn other artist's songs on my own, but composition is a skill that can be taught much more quickly than if I was just screwing around on my own.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

instead of teaching individual chords and telling them to memorise the names that associate with them, tell them why they're named sus, b3 etc so it sticks with them. also, instead of making them learn each position for a scale on a fretboard, tell them the intervals for it and how it's constructed so they have a basic knowledge to how to find each scale in their head. works better that way.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by fearofthemark
The only type of lessons I would pay for are songwriting lessons. eg, what sounds good together, different approaches by different artists, neat ways to put different scales/modes together, chord theory, leading, stuff like that.

I can work on technique on my own and I can learn other artist's songs on my own, but composition is a skill that can be taught much more quickly than if I was just screwing around on my own.

Great idea and thank you I will add that onto my "mind map"

Thanks
Quote by laid-to-waste
instead of teaching individual chords and telling them to memorise the names that associate with them, tell them why they're named sus, b3 etc so it sticks with them. also, instead of making them learn each position for a scale on a fretboard, tell them the intervals for it and how it's constructed so they have a basic knowledge to how to find each scale in their head. works better that way.

Thank you.
Quote by guitarlessonz
Great idea and thank you I will add that onto my "mind map"

Thanks

let us know when you have the youtube lessons ready, I'd love to check them out.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark

let us know when you have the youtube lessons ready, I'd love to check them out.

Will do bud, Im getting in the habit at the momenst and instead of sending audio clips to my students I send youtube clips.

What do you think to the online guitar tuition site?

Pretty basic atm.
You need a new site designer, that looks like a 10 year old site that nobody will take seriously.

Im developing a site right now, ive made a few now, and that just looks poor.

e/ if you are interested in actually designing your site nicely, and are looking for a site dev, you know to look like you arent a scammer, you can message me.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Aug 19, 2011,
Quote by LostLegion
Is this advertising?

I think he's more asking for advice on how to make his product better.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
also in regards: you shouldnt limit this to skype, but list and download as many online video chat systems as possible, to cater to the customer so they dont have to cater to you

ie.
MSN
ooVoo

and soon: facebook video chat.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
You need a new site designer, that looks like a 10 year old site that nobody will take seriously.

Im developing a site right now, ive made a few now, and that just looks poor.

e/ if you are interested in actually designing your site nicely, and are looking for a site dev, you know to look like you arent a scammer, you can message me.

This, and you have a couple of grammatical errors on it too. How professional your site looks is just as important as the lessons themselves.