ok so this dude's guitar is at my place for repair and again it's got a loose jack aside from other stuff i need to do on it, the loose jack is always there and the wire breaks cause of it. it's a schecter diamond 006 deluxe, how should i go about making it so that it never gets loose? washers? new jacks?

also it seems to be a satin finish? or bare painted wood without finish? how would you go cleaning it? would polish work on it or does it not need one at all?
I've heard of people putting clear nail polish on the output jack threads to keep it from backing off. I think that sounds like a good idea, but I personally would probably just use a little dab of wood glue on the threads near the base and then tighten it nice and snug.
Is it a flushmount output like on an Ibanez, or the other kind, like on a Strat or a Les Paul?
just tighten the nut on it and pot it down with some hot glue. that's what I do for all my instruments.

Quote by W4RP1G
Is it a flushmount output like on an Ibanez, or the other kind, like on a Strat or a Les Paul?

If the jack is the same as my Schecter 006 Deluxe (which was a pawn shop guitar with all the hardware replaced with Schaller and Gotoh bits, so some things are different) then it's pretty similar to the jacks on a Les Paul.

As for the finish, it's tinted satin. I've got some nasty wear where my arm touches the guitar and there's a pretty clear seam where you can tell the outside stuff is just paint and not a stain
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Last edited by CJ Noble at Aug 19, 2011,
Quote by CJ Noble
just tighten the nut on it and pot it down with some hot glue. that's what I do for all my instruments.

If the jack is the same as my Schecter 006 Deluxe (which was a pawn shop guitar with all the hardware replaced with Schaller and Gotoh bits, so some things are different) then it's pretty similar to the jacks on a Les Paul.

As for the finish, it's tinted satin. I've got some nasty wear where my arm touches the guitar and there's a pretty clear seam where you can tell the outside stuff is just paint and not a stain

yeah it is the same as yours cause it's pretty much the same. i mean the construction. so how dya apply the glue? or where exactly? pics would help a lot you know

ok so a spray polish would do the trick? what exactly should i get? (probably from dunlop cause that's what they have here)