Which pups can i buy to my epi lp stadard, im searching a led zepellin sound.
Thanks!
I'd recommend Bare Knuckle Pickups. Try the Mules, or VHII's. I've also heard good things about the Black Dogs (Gee, I wonder who those are made to sound like.)
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Quote by will30x
Which pups can i buy to for my epi lp stadard standard, im I'm searching for a led zepellin Zeppelin sound.
Thanks!

What's your amp? Any pedals? Budget? Specific songs?
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
bareknuckles are great but they are top of the line and priced like it. for something a bit cheaper you could try gibson burstbuckers or seymour duncans. seymour duncan has a ton of different options and they're priced reasonably. check their site for sound clips. also i've heard great things about dimarzio but i have no personal experience with them

some duncans worth mentioning: sh-4 'jb', sh-1 '59', pearly gates, seth lover...
Last edited by adambauman31 at Aug 19, 2011,
what type of amp do you have?

and +1 to the bareknuckles

Look at this guy over here ripping off my name
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
I love the TDMs that I have in my Epi, they are made by a UGer and about the same price as Duncans
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by will30x
Which pups can i buy to my epi lp stadard, im searching a led zepellin sound.
Thanks!
How close to a Zep sound are you already? For all we know a shot of caffine might get you closer to Page than a new set of pups. Maybe all you need is an espresso maker.
get a tube amp
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
get a tube amp

and maybe a fuzz pedal

Don't waste your money on pickups, they won't make any discernible difference.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
and maybe a fuzz pedal

touché
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Trade in the vt100 and get a Marshall Class 5.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by steven seagull
and maybe a fuzz pedal

Don't waste your money on pickups, they won't make any discernible difference.

......really? Thats quite a statement

Although a tube amp is definitely a better first step, you'd have to be tone deaf to not notice a difference between a stock Epi pickup and an Sh-4 or Warpig

just sayin'
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Epiphone SG-400 Limited Edition w/ EMG 81/85

Madison Divinity w/ JJ Preamps
Peavey 6505
2 Custom Built Cabs w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Quote by Bad.Seed
......really? Thats quite a statement

Although a tube amp is definitely a better first step, you'd have to be tone deaf to not notice a difference between a stock Epi pickup and an Sh-4 or Warpig

just sayin'

True, but you'll notice far less difference through a modeling amp and a valve amp. Firstly, valve amps are naturally less transparent, but also they design modeling amps so they're less transparent because people generally use them with cheaper guitars and they don't want the tone to suffer.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
True, but you'll notice far less difference through a modeling amp and a valve amp. Firstly, valve amps are naturally less transparent, but also they design modeling amps so they're less transparent because people generally use them with cheaper guitars and they don't want the tone to suffer.

Quite right, but the TC asked for pickups.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Quote by Jsteele1408
Quite right, but the TC asked for pickups.

That's like saying a man with a gunshot wound asked for a bandaid, when he clearly needs a hospital.

Get a Class 5 and a Vox Tonebender over new pickups, it'll get you much closer.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
That's like saying a man with a gunshot wound asked for a bandaid, when he clearly needs a hospital.

+1

I hate this logic. If you go to a doctor and ask for the wrong treatment, the doctor doesn't just humour you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Raijouta

Great comparison!
With the vox you won't notice a difference in sound, whether you have walmart guitar singles, or Bareknuckles. My 11R is really sensitive to the guitar you put through it and the pickups and volume knob. A new amp will make the biggest difference in sound at this point for you.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Thanks I bought the Fender Hot Rod Deville 212, and is true, every guitar has a soul through this beauty!
okay, now grab some kind of tone bender mkii clone. I like the throbak Stonebender. Then for pickups I would look at Wolfetone Marshall heads, with the alnico 2 mod.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

nice score
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?