My better half sent me a phone text with a picture of a candy-apple red '95 MIM strat with a rosewood fretboard. They are asking $450 USD and it includes a Crate GT30, cable, stand. I can't tell if there is a HSC included and I haven't seen the guitar for myself yet, but it appearss to be in pretty good shape from the pic.

The serial number is MN551716.

I haven't been able to find the specs on this one anywhere, as far as what hardware or pickups are used in it's construction. If anyone can help with this I'd be grateful.

Assuming I could knock down the price a little and trade the amp for an ol' tomcat and a rusty pocket knife, does anyone think this would be a good deal? It's not like I need ANOTHER guitar, but ...............

THANKS

oh, and one other thing - she found this in an antique mall, so a return trip will probably cost me another $2500 for this wall unit she has her eye on ....
Last edited by mrbreeze317 at Aug 19, 2011,
$450 for a used MIM strat is ridiculous. Even with the GT30, which if I recall isn't that great of an amp itself.

For a 1995, I would say a good price would be somewhere between $250-$275 USED.

If your in the US, and you tell me your closest major city, I guarantee I can find you a better deal in minutes.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
$450 for a used MIM strat is ridiculous. Even with the GT30, which if I recall isn't that great of an amp itself.

For a 1995, I would say a good price would be somewhere between $250-$275 USED.

If your in the US, and you tell me your closest major city, I guarantee I can find you a better deal in minutes.

I disagree, if you ask me it sounds just about right.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
I disagree, if you ask me it sounds just about right.

$450 for a used MIM? Are you for real?

http://instrument.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/music.cgi?cat=msg&fil=mim+strat&itm=fender&state=&ps=&pe=&s_e=on&s_k=on&ys=&ye=&so=d&submit=+GO+

Very few of those that are going for $400 are for just the guitar.

That crate is not worth $200 itsself, so even if the guy takes a hundred bucks off the deal without the amp, $350 is still high for a MIM Strat.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I've purchased a couple of MIMs for right around $275 - they were later models and I felt like that was the right price. I''ve heard that the 94-96 years are supposed to be the best years for MIMs. I know the differences in the newer American/Mexican version, but the ones made in the first years of the Ensenada plant's existence my be different with different components.

I'm also not sure if the body is alder or poplar and I don't want poplar, but then again, maybe I do ...........

I asked the wife to get the serial number for me, hoping that it didn't start with an "M"

and I probably couldn't get $50 out of the amp which I don't need and would never use anyway.

Juts wondering if there was anything special about this oen that might make it worth looking at more closely
Last edited by mrbreeze317 at Aug 19, 2011,
They generally go for about $300 used at Guitar Center. So do you want to pay an extra $150 for his crappy amp?
I've got one, I paid $290 for it. I threw a Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge and it's my main live guitar right now. Sounds great.
My Guitars
Squire Affinity Strat
Ibanez RG 350 DX
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Ibanez AEG20E
Tradition Guitars S2000F Pro
you were only three years old when that guitar was made, all you can answer is "nope"
LMFAO
Quote by mrbreeze317
you were only three years old when that guitar was made, all you can answer is "nope"
LMFAO

How do you think that makes sense?

OT: I'd say $350 would be a good price. $450 is way outlandish, you can buy a new MIM Strat for about that much.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
That is not a good deal.

$300 for the guitar at most, and the amp isn't worth anything.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
As of a few years ago new MIMs were $400... Now they're $500. That price is ridiculous and throwing in a $20 shitty amp to try to make it make sense is wrong.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Reisgar42
How do you think that makes sense?

OT: I'd say $350 would be a good price. $450 is way outlandish, you can buy a new MIM Strat for about that much.

When you get a little older, I won't have to explain why it makes sense. Anyone who offers an opinion without including the substance to substantiate it is an ignorant little dickhead.

BTW, thanks for your opinion.

I was in NO WAY planning on paying $450 - just said that's what he was asking, and I was wondering if anyone with EXPERIENCE might know of a reason why the '95 MIM might be worth more than a later model.
A good friend of mine actually that exact model (same specs and year) and it's phenomenal. She got it for $400 new, so the list price is a bit high. What the seller did was most likely a pawn shop move: you know people are going to haggle for it, so you list the price higher than what you'll actually take for it.

Ditching the extras can lower the price, as will some good old-fashioned haggling. I'd personally have no problem paying as much as $350 for it, but that's largely depending on how good of a guitar it is; the MIM average is on the low side to begin with, mid-90s had a slightly higher average. That's what you're paying for: less odds-playing, more guitar-playing.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.