I want to get started with synthesizers, i just dont know where to start. I'm looking for something intuitive and easy to learn to make drum'n bass, dubstep, and electro-rock. I've heard good things about Massive, anyone got any tips?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're plugging an interface into an interface...

Interfaception

Pls tell me what is Interfaception. and how to solve.

http://www.omnitaur.se/

Daedalus is free and great for learning how to program.

Massive is good for dubstep, but expensive. And assuming some how you get it free it will crash a bunch and is useless until you figure how to reset it. Unless you legally acquire Massive its not worth getting.
Maybe try a Microkorg.
edit: didn't realize you want a softsynth, I agree with the post above me.
Last edited by sootslayer at Aug 19, 2011,
Quote by FireHawk
Massive is good for dubstep, but expensive. And assuming some how you get it free it will crash a bunch and is useless until you figure how to reset it. Unless you legally acquire Massive its not worth getting.

Basically what this guy said. Plus, massive is complicated. You essentially have to make the sounds yourself from scratch (unless you use the presets). But it's known to be the dubstep VST.

My recommendation would be reFX's Nexus but it's expensive as ****. It does have great sounds, though. And essentially is what I use for all synth leads.

VST's can be expensive cause they have to make up all the money they loose from the 90% of owners who pirate it, so I'd also suggest when it comes to VST's, see if you can buy it off someone if it's one of those CD's in a box. If I'm not mistaken, a used one should work, just make sure it has a key that's being unused. But I could be terribly mistaken on that, so I'd still look into it.
Last edited by Sief9 at Aug 19, 2011,
4 good ones that I use the most are Lennar Digital's Sylenth1, reFX's Nexus, and NI's Massive and FM8. They are all $200. The first two are great because you can even program drums with them. If I was to suggest one, I would pick Sylenth1 just because you can find more presets online for it than for Nexus. Also, it's easier to figure out what parameters you are adjusting.
Reason offers quite a variety of different synths and sounds as well as drums and loop players.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Quote by lextexrex
4 good ones that I use the most are Lennar Digital's Sylenth1, reFX's Nexus, and NI's Massive and FM8. They are all $200. The first two are great because you can even program drums with them. If I was to suggest one, I would pick Sylenth1 just because you can find more presets online for it than for Nexus. Also, it's easier to figure out what parameters you are adjusting.

Nexus is not expensive when you know where to look . same as sylenth , refx vanguard , novation v-station , novation bass station , etc..

topic starter : use softsynth ( software synthetiser ) for beginning and grab a usb midi controller .

message me if you need more info
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Quote by Skysc

topic starter : use softsynth ( software synthetiser ) for beginning and grab a usb midi controller .

yeah that is actually the best to start programming.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the GForce Synths (Particularly Oddity and Minimoonsta) Those are easily my two favorite synths.

Also Nexus like mentioned above is great and Z3TA isn't to bad either. Like said above about everything Native Instruments makes is pretty much great also.
seems like the general consensus says Nexus, however im curious about that daedalus program, got any info on that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're plugging an interface into an interface...

Interfaception

Pls tell me what is Interfaception. and how to solve.

Last edited by Slapp62 at Aug 21, 2011,