Hi guys, I'm a fairly new player to acoustic guitar (started on Electric around 4 years ago, only being playing acoustic around a year) but have picked it up well, and I'm looking to upgrade from my Vintage V400.

I have £260 to spend at the moment, but will have the money from selling the Vintage, which will be around £70 probably, so lets say a budget of max £330.

I am only going to buy used. I've told myself I'm never buying new again as I can get a much better guitar for that price used.

I would like a cutaway with easy access to higher frets. An electro acoustic is preferred but not a dealbreaker.

I play a mixture of fingerpicking, strumming to soloing so need some versatility. I have no knowledge of what woods are good for what I want really.

Thanks for any help.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
if you shop around you might be able find a cheap martin. at a local mom and pops acoustic shop, i got the martin 000-15 for 600$. i think the shelf price was 1200 or something. this was couple years back, price might be even lower.

edit: the 000-15 sounds great btw, its got a real deep, mellow sound. i love it.
Quote by Aaronx
if you shop around you might be able find a cheap martin. at a local mom and pops acoustic shop, i got the martin 000-15 for 600$. i think the shelf price was 1200 or something. this was couple years back, price might be even lower.

edit: the 000-15 sounds great btw, its got a real deep, mellow sound. i love it.

Thanks, they look great but they are a bit out of my price range, especially in the UK.

Any more help?
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
used guitars - i'd suggest keeping an eye out for seagulls, recording kings, blueridge, eastman and solid top yamahas but not the APX series. also if you run across a used epiphone masterbilt, i'd say that would be a good contender, but not other epiphones.

and if you're not totally married to buying used, here are some new guitars in your price range from thomann that i suggest in order of preference.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/recording_king_rd_06_ce.htm
solid top, i've never played a recording king i didn't like. i haven't tried the acoustic electric one here, but i have played their entry level straight acoustic version, and it was nicer than most of the competition.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/cort_mr710tf.htm
cort is a well liked brand by experienced players looking for lower cost guitars. this one has a solid top, a cutaway and the recordings on the page sound rich and full.

not in love with fender, but some of their solid tops aren't bad. the ones with their electric guitar headstocks tend to sound the worst. this one
http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_cd140sce_bk.htm
is in your price range, and i've played it - it isn't bad at all.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
it's a great guitar, but the op wants a cutaway.

Quote by francesco18
Guild Gad 25 ?

It has a ''dark'' beautiful tone.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I'd personally suggest a breedlove... Should try one out in a guitar shop and you'll see how amazing they actually are! The sound off them in just unbelievable.. I'd say you might be able to find a cutaway for about 450... I've yet to come across many second hand though..
I own the Cort MR710. Upgraded from a Yamaha F-310. The Cort is brilliant!