My friend gave me a stratocaster copy made by Pignose. I can't find any information about it.
But other than that its an okay guitar. Body is alder, maple neck with rosewood fretboard.
I'm not a fan of the neck, ill probably replace it with a maple/maple neck/fretboard.
The pickups aren't the worst I've heard. I'll replace them with some kind of Lace Sensors probably.

If anyone has more info about this company or guitar, please let me know.
I play guitar.
pignose make or used to make some pretty cool micro amps I think....didn't know they made guitars also.
i knew pignose made some travel guitars with their semi-legendary portable amp built into them, but i didn't know they made strat copies.

i'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and say maybe it's a generic strat copy with a pignose volume knob maybe it was part of a starter pack?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
what's that metal thing in place of the volume knob?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
what's that metal thing in place of the volume knob?

a pignose volume knob.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The volume knob is a pig nose.. lol. The headstock has "pignose" on it and the box it came with had pignose on it with the picture of the guitar

i took the pig nose off, didnt like it. I put a normal strat knob i had lying around on it
I play guitar.
Pig nose make really cool little amps in fact i have heard of many blues artists using them to record with them although i never new they made guitars.... could be cool..!

Check out the movie Crossroads starring the dude from Karate kid and features Steve Vai.... the Karate kid dude is using a Pignose in the movie {i know he's not playing in the movie but i believe all the blues playing is Arlen Roth using a Pignose}
Last edited by Talon64 at Aug 20, 2011,
I picked up a pignose i found on craigs list for a 100 bucks, suprised how good it play's. guy thinks they were made in chicago but who knows !!
When I lived in Saudi Arabia I took a pignose amp over for my Gibson Reverse Firebird. Along with a high end Alvarez Yairi acoustic, two professional trumpets, a professional flugelhorn, and various other musical accoutrements. Didn't know Pignose made guitars.

I wish I had video of my arrival into Riyadh and the thousands of Arabs who were gawking at this Westerner and his musical instruments as I went through Saudi customs. From what I could gather I could have been a prince or sheik for all they knew.

I've got a picture somewhere of my playing the firebird in my home while there. Will have to find it and post. How I wish still had that guitar.

And from now on just address me as Sheik Firebird.
Last edited by ConcertShooter at Dec 22, 2012,
I know its an old thread, but:

i know he's not playing in the movie but i believe all the blues playing is Arlen Roth using a Pignose

Roth was Macchio's tutor for the film, and while Roth may have played some of the parts, the bulk of the blues playing was supposedly done by Ry Cooder.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!