Its OK. u could definitely clean up your alternate picking technique. It could just be the tone though. I dont like the tone at all. It needs some delay or something. Also, it sounds like just a bunch of random licks thrown together (idk how much theory uk, if u dont know much, u should learn some DEFINITELY!). The sweeping was also quite sloppy.

How long have you played?

and my advice would be practice your alternate picking, and sweeping. also practice it all slow.
Do you actually know what you're playing? Are you playing with any chord progression in your mind?

Quote by awesomo41894
idk how much theory uk, if u dont know much, u should learn some DEFINITELY!

This is what I was getting at.
Last edited by piop at Aug 19, 2011,
I'm mostly actually a Jazz sax player, so I know plenty of the theory, however here it was literally plug in and throw a load of licks together because I was bored and wanted to play something fast... There wasn't really any chord progression in mind (hence why it all seems fairly stagnant in the 1 key)
Quote by metalmania616
I'm mostly actually a Jazz sax player, so I know plenty of the theory, however here it was literally plug in and throw a load of licks together because I was bored and wanted to play something fast... There wasn't really any chord progression in mind (hence why it all seems fairly stagnant in the 1 key)

oh ok. but yeah my advice would be work on your alternate picking technique, and your sweeping. Both could be much cleaner. and there was one bend in there that sounded outta tune to me.
Well, despite you claiming it to have a background in theory and it to be in one key, it sounds pretty chromatic/atonal to my ears, and if it was me playing that I'd consider it too sloppy to share online.

I know everyone goes through 'that phase' where they think they're awesome, and have just discovered legato and alternate picking with high gain, but unfortunately youtube and widespread internet accesss mean that in a few years there are going to be millions more people highly embarassed by what they put up on the internet when they were younger (to add to the many already feeling that).

My advice would be to take a step back from the limelight until you can play something you consider 'impressive' cleanly and accurately, with a bit more thought into what you're actually playing. Also, if you want to do anything tasteful you could at least create a simple synth chord-based backing to solo over, to show that your improvisation is based around theoretical knowledge and not just random patterns thrown together to sound fast.

Don't worry, I once did the same kinda thing, but luckily for me youtube was in its infancy and webcams could be beaten detail-wise by a fast-handed artist
Hey, look. Sigs are back.