Okay so i have a budget of £700 max and i'm looking for a new guitar. I currently have a HSS strat which i will also be keeping. I play mostly blues, rock and occasionally some heavier stuff nothing with really low drop tunings though. Also i am willing to buy used! So please offer some suggestions!!!

Thanks Guys!

Edit: Please do not tell me i should upgrade my amp i am currently not interested in doing so but i will in the future.
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
theres about 3 million guitars fitting your "description", good luck
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Thats why i was hoping for suggestions/ recommendations not sarcastic comments?? C'mon doesnt take a genius...
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
Duh, you should really upgrade your amp at this point. You have a pretty nice guitar with good pickups and for that price you could already get a nice amp.
I mean, you don't even know what kind of guitar you want, it seems like you just want a new guitar for the sake of having a new guitar.

But if you really really don't want to upgrade your amp, Gibson Special Faded SG or Studio Faded Les Paul are great guitars and fit into your price range.
In that case if you dont have a preference for brand/guitar shape etc etc go buy a PRS SE (or whatever the best PRS is in that price range), probably the best guitar available for what you want
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
used LP studio
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I agree. Newamp.

But if you don't want one and want to drop tune, look at Schecter, Ibanez, or ESP. Maybe Jackson or PRS. Probably something with active pickups or a good brand of passives.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Thanks so far and i know you want me to upgrade my amp but the thing is i know exactly what i want. I'll be happy once i have 2 guitars and a tube amp but i dont want an amp yet cos i havent had the peavey all that long but i will have the opportunity to upgrade it next year
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
i don't think gunslinger was being sarcastic at all.

this is what sarcasm is:

your original post really narrows it down.

but seriously, you've given no information that can help us help you - only a budget and a very very broad range of musical styles that just about any guitar can easily fit into. that's like going into your local pizza hut and saying "i'd like a pizza, please". you're gonna need to be more than a tiny bit more specific as to what it is you're looking for, otherwise nobody can help you.

but if you already know exactly what you want why are you asking?
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Blompcube, it's an invitation to throw in as many random guitars as possible. The one who provides some compelling reason may or may not get the nod from MrWilson6.

Anyway, this type of thread is what keeps EG going. Duh!

Used Gibson BFG or a Studio or a MIJ Epiphone LP with the correct headstock!

Quote by Ippon
Blompcube, it's an invitation to throw in as many random guitars as possible. The one who provides some compelling reason may or may not get the nod from MrWilson6.

i don't like to throw random guitar suggestions at people though
Rig Winter 2017:

Jackson DK2T Dinky. That's what I'm going to be getting in a few days. It should be pretty good for rock and metal... I'm not sure about blues. I'm mainly a metal player though!

It sounds like a Gibson or Epiphone LP would be good for what you want. You should also check out some Agile LPs.
I'd look for a nice PRS CE22/24 on eBay/gumtree/whatever. I've seen a couple come up for about that
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Get one of the Ibanez JS1000 series (probably if you can find one used or something) - they're really awesome guitars, very versatile and super easy to play. Or even just get a good Ibanez S series - though if you get a lower end one you'll probably want to swap the pickups to some DiMarzios/SDs/Bareknuckles/etc cause stock Ibanez pickups are not very good.

. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by Ippon

Finally someone understands this is what i was looking for cos i have my own ideas but i'm open to recommendations!!!! I'm not looking for a precise guitar for me i'll narrow it down myself by checking out reviews and testing them out!!
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
mij tokai for the rock and blues stuff (take your pick, they have fender and gibson copies).

richtone also has some deals on some edwards models at the moment (ditto).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
mij tokai for the rock and blues stuff (take your pick, they have fender and gibson copies).

richtone also has some deals on some edwards models at the moment (ditto).
Plus a bunch of other MIJ LPs! I haven't posted this in 2 months or so; therefore, for the 264th time:

Dave, I need to update this with the MIJ Navigator. Anything else?

I'm a lil dubious with copy's if i'm honest heard some pretty naff things about some of them :/
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
Quote by MrWilson6
I'm a lil dubious with copy's if i'm honest heard some pretty naff things about some of them :/

don't be dubious about these copies. the copies you heard naff things about weren't these ones.
Rig Winter 2017:

yeah. the reason gibson and fender still exist is basically the mij copies. they had to up their game in the late 70s because tokai and co were making them better than fender and gibson could dream of.

do you know where japanese fenders are made? do you know where epiphone's japanese models are made?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?