The title says it all,
The bridge pickup failed to produce his beloved sound this evening. The only sound my amp produces when the bridge is selected, is a strange crackling noise. Only if I turn the amp's volume up to 100 I can hear the sound of the guitar and then not very clearly.
The guitar is an Epiphone les paul and I have no idea what kind the pickups are.
The neck pickup works perfectly and i checked the wires from the buttons and stuff, no disconnections. I haven't checked the pickups because I'm no expert so I'm afraid that i can ruin it more, if not it already is ruined
I hope you guys can help me!
This is almost certainly a simple case of a wire coming off / unsoldered / dry joint / fauuty switch / whatever - (check again, give each wire a little tug, go round and re-solder the joints) and a guitar tech should take all of half an hour to fix. You can measure the resistance the pick-up if you like - should be a few 100 ohms but they very seldom fail.
Oke, thanks, ill open up everything and check it again. Ill post some updates when I know more
If it is all original then it is probably just a bad switch. Epiphone has some issues with them not lasting. Check your control cavity for loose wires first, and if that all checks out then I would just change out the switch. As long as you can solder it should be cheap and easy.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09