Hey guys, I've been thinking about picking up a multi effects pedal lately. just something to dick around with when I'm bored, nothing fancy and it wont be used live.

Any suggestions on a decent pedal around 75-100 used? I've been seeing the Digitech RP350 going for about 60-70 shipped and I thought that was reasonable
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Epiphone SG-400 Limited Edition w/ EMG 81/85

Madison Divinity w/ JJ Preamps
Peavey 6505
2 Custom Built Cabs w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
I'm using the Digitech RP350, depends a lot on your genre preference but it works wonders to mess around, has plenty of options. If you're into metal you might be better off with something else (took me a few months to make a good metal patch) but it is DESTRUCTIVE on clean and overdriven sounds.
From my experience, they're fine for messing around and getting a lot of effects and distortion models that aren't great but fun to play around with. If you're not planning to gig with it then by all means go for it. Built in drum machine comes in handy as well.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
Quote by Dopemgs
I'm using the Digitech RP350, depends a lot on your genre preference but it works wonders to mess around, has plenty of options. If you're into metal you might be better off with something else (took me a few months to make a good metal patch) but it is DESTRUCTIVE on clean and overdriven sounds.

I'm not really looking at these for the modeling effects as I have a few different good tube amps I like, I'm really more concerned with the ffects, delay, chorus, reverb, trem, wah, some sort of looper would be awesome too.

You know, all the stuff you loved to mess around with but didnt know how to use at all when you first picked up a guitar
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Jackson DKMG Dinky

Peavey 6505
What's your local craigslist? Rp units are awsome. The effects sound great for a mfx unit. I have the rp355 and it rocks.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 19, 2011,
I have the 155 and its pretty solid its just missing a wah pedal. If I were you I would get the 155 its $99.99 and there are some pretty boss presets but if you want the wah and want to spend less I would get the lesser model, all around both are great buys
You can find the rp355 used for $125 if you look hard enough. That's what I would do.
Quote by kutless999
You can find the rp355 used for $125 if you look hard enough. That's what I would do.

Actually following one on ebay, currenty at 84 dollars with 2 hours left

I didnt want to spend this much but there is an rp1000 for buy it now of 279. This thing looks nuts, but is it worth it?
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Jackson DKMG Dinky

Peavey 6505
The rp1000 is mostly for if you want to run your pedals through it and retain the sound from your amp. If the rp355 doesn't go above $130, then go for it.
If you are really interested in looping you'll find the 20 sec loopers in the RP a bit limited. For example you can't fit a 12 bar blues rhythm in it unless the tempo is pretty fast.

I have the RP1000 and it's a great unit, especially if you plan to start adding separate pedals to your rig. Your budget is pretty low. If looping is something important to you then the Zoom G3 is awesome because it's the only unit on the market with a synchronized drum machine. Another option is the GNX4, which you might be able to find on eBay for $150. It has a built in 8 track recorder/Jamman looper and synchronized midi drum machine.

It's probably the best deal out there for someone who wants a multifx and looper with drum machine.
He does?
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Jackson DKMG Dinky

Peavey 6505
Quote by fly135
If you are really interested in looping you'll find the 20 sec loopers in the RP a bit limited. For example you can't fit a 12 bar blues rhythm in it unless the tempo is pretty fast.

I have the RP1000 and it's a great unit, especially if you plan to start adding separate pedals to your rig. Your budget is pretty low. If looping is something important to you then the Zoom G3 is awesome because it's the only unit on the market with a synchronized drum machine. Another option is the GNX4, which you might be able to find on eBay for $150. It has a built in 8 track recorder/Jamman looper and synchronized midi drum machine.

It's probably the best deal out there for someone who wants a multifx and looper with drum machine.

Thanks for the advice, the gnx4 is actually another one im looking at. I dont need any crazy lengths for the loop i just want something to mess around on and practice soloing/scales and just to mess around. Like I said this is more of a "for fun" thing than something I'm willing to drop 300 bucks on and use all the time.

I'll up the budget to 150 i guess :P
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Jackson DKMG Dinky

Peavey 6505
Quote by kutless999
He does?

Yes, I do I'm a very curious, interested person, what can I say!
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Jackson DKMG Dinky

Peavey 6505
Just sayin, the gnxwon't sound quite as good as the rp, but you do get more features, so it's up to you.
Quote by kutless999
Just sayin, the gnxwon't sound quite as good as the rp, but you do get more features, so it's up to you.

How is the recording on the Rp355? I am in a band with band members in different states and this function interests me just to be able to share Ideas that dont sound like total ass, as I'm currently using a behringer dynamic mic directly into my laptop hhaha
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Jackson DKMG Dinky

Peavey 6505
The recording is great. If you go to my profile, all those recordings are from my rp355(listen to "rp355 demo #2 first, it's better than the others )
Quote by kutless999
The recording is great. If you go to my profile, all those recordings are from my rp355(listen to "rp355 demo #2 first, it's better than the others )

Very nice man! That actually sounds very clear, the clean tones dont even sound that processed. I like
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Jackson DKMG Dinky

Peavey 6505
Quote by Bad.Seed
Very nice man! That actually sounds very clear, the clean tones dont even sound that processed. I like

Thanks

I highly recommend it.

If you ever have any questions just ask us in the digitech thread in my sig and we'll be sure to help.
Did you get it? It went for $100 which is a great price. I hope you did.