Im buying a new amp of which i still havent decided, and its going to be a tube amp with not much distortion. ive been playing alot of heavy tones like Slipknot, parkway drive etc kinda tones, which for slipknot i need really bassy heavy ones and parkway drive is a really heavy in general one - metalcore tone basicly. i need a pedal that could give me accurate sounds to them and then some kinda lower gain djent, indie, classic rock tones. for example misha mansoor, alex turner, eric clapton. i thought of an ibanez ts 9 or a metal muff... my budget is about £100.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
What amp are you buying? You could always boost it with a ts for more distortion.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
What amp are you buying? You could always boost it with a ts for more distortion.

dont know yet. either a blackstar ht5 head, a jet city jca20 head, a jet city jca2112rc, Bugera 6260 212 or a vox lil night train set. really dont know whats best. the heads will be accompanied by a harley benton 112 cab
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
you wouldn't need any pedals with blackstar or bugera. if anything a ts9 for boost. i'm not familiar with the other amps.
Well, it'll depend on how heavy the distortion is on the amp before we know what pedal will be the best for it. But a ts will probably do it.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
save for a new amp or just get a Tube screamer
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
You'll need a boost with the HT-5 and JCAs. The Bugera shouldn't need anything to sound metal, and is definitely the best choice out of those for metal. The Vox is completely wrong for metal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Helicopters!
Why don't you just buy a tube amp with more distortion?

i prefer having more, so i can toggle it on/off just to be safe i think a ts would be my best so far

any opinions with which amp is best for my style, and ill really like?
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
can the bugera do lighter twangy tones, as well as some heavy awesome tones? i want a ts to switch channels easily but yeah!
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
can the bugera do lighter twangy tones, as well as some heavy awesome tones? i want a ts to switch channels easily but yeah!

Ever thought about amps nowadays having footswitches, so you can switch channels without using an extra distortion pedal?
Quote by JesusCrisp
Ever thought about amps nowadays having footswitches, so you can switch channels without using an extra distortion pedal?

yeah, i have, but some of them dont come with it, or its extra, which i really cant do on some
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
You won't be dissapointed with the Metal Muff. My older cousin uses one and it sounds amazing!!! You can get every kind of metal from it and it's a brick shithouse and won't break easily. The TS-9 is more of a boost pedal and is only ever used on top of distortion, like the icing on a cake.

Quote by Naruto00121
You won't be dissapointed with the Metal Muff. My older cousin uses one and it sounds amazing!!! You can get every kind of metal from it and it's a brick shithouse and won't break easily. The TS-9 is more of a boost pedal and is only ever used on top of distortion, like the icing on a cake.

so youre for a metal muff then? or ts9?
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
bugera 6260 212 is the one for me then? or what? i dont mind with the pedals, i just want a good amp that will last unlike this shitty spider
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
leigh 596 : you really like the metal muff .. i hate mine .. IMO doesnt sound real at all .

Im selling a pedal that simulate a mesa boogie dual recto sound . its boutique handbuilt pedal call a dual resistafier . built by R3fx .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cwsFpKM7sg

IMO its sound "real" comparing to all the metal muff , line 6 uber metal and other mass produced pedal . way better .

the seller Jim sell them for 250 $ r3fx.com .. im asking 130 $ ship to united states /canada .. i dont know where you live but if i could get good postage price ( maybe a 5 $ more ) .. i could ship it oversea without any problem .

the only reaosn for selling is that i use heapdhone to play in my bedroom now ( live with my parents ) . so i have no amp anymore . i have a multi effect that does the job fine .

i havent listed it yet .. not trying to push any sell here if youre not interested , no problem .. this pedal gonna sell in 1 hour when ill list it in the classified monday .

but overall .. if you can get a good amp that will fit the job .. go that way over instead of pedal . .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Aug 19, 2011,
for home use ht5
6260 will be very loud, although I think 2x12 cabs have better tone
Quote by Skysc
leigh 596 : you really like the metal muff .. i hate mine .. IMO doesnt sound real at all .

Im selling a pedal that simulate a mesa boogie dual recto sound . its boutique handbuilt pedal call a dual resistafier . built by R3fx .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cwsFpKM7sg

IMO its sound "real" comparing to all the metal muff , line 6 uber metal and other mass produced pedal . way better .

the seller Jim sell them for 250 $ r3fx.com .. im asking 130 $ ship to united states /canada .. i dont know where you live but if i could get good postage price ( maybe a 5 $ more ) .. i could ship it oversea without any problem .

the only reaosn for selling is that i use heapdhone to play in my bedroom now ( live with my parents ) . so i have no amp anymore . i have a multi effect that does the job fine .

i havent listed it yet .. not trying to push any sell here if youre not interested , no problem .. this pedal gonna sell in 1 hour when ill list it in the classified monday .

but overall .. if you can get a good amp that will fit the job .. go that way over instead of pedal . .

i would be there in a heartbeat, but id need to sell my me50 and that wouldnt give me much, so sorry! thanks for the advice and good luck with selling it!
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by Hunter44
for home use ht5
6260 will be very loud, although I think 2x12 cabs have better tone

well id need to get a ht1r if i was to get 2x12 cabs, my budget is £280 and i can only get the ht5 with a 1x12 for that, but yeah, im just mind****ed
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
im not very familiar with a lot of those amps but i use an mxr full bore metal for my grit and holy shit, there is more gain on tap in that thing than is completely necessary. you can get a hardcore metal tone at a little past half way with the gain. lots of EQ, and on board noise gate
Quote by andrerist
im not very familiar with a lot of those amps but i use an mxr full bore metal for my grit and holy shit, there is more gain on tap in that thing than is completely necessary. you can get a hardcore metal tone at a little past half way with the gain. lots of EQ, and on board noise gate

its between that and the tubescreamer, but its gonna be the mxr i think thanks!
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
If you get the 6260 you won't need any pedals.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com