Page 1 of 2
Well iv been into the nu metal scene since the start, and ive been into every underground scene also. but after 15 years of metal my fave bands are still korn and machine head, why do people hate this stuff? is it just pure snobbery? i can play a silly dragonforce solo, just overdub and overdub, i can play a metallica solo, so whats the difference, cheers gaz
Nearly 25 years old and still doesn't get grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and spelling.

I can see why you're a fan of Korn, Metllica, Machine Head and the like.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Nearly 25 years old and still doesn't get grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and spelling.

I can see why you're a fan of Korn, Metllica, Machine Head and the like.

oh yes because if i was a really "awesome" musician from one of your favorate bands i could be bothered to spell properly? lolz, again typical snobbery. dont you realise how sad that makes you?
Quote by orgazmotron87
oh yes because if i was a really "awesome" musician from one of your favorate bands i could be bothered to spell properly? lolz, again typical snobbery. dont you realise how sad that makes you?

I'm guessing he's quite happy.
Gear
Hamer Standard XT
1963 Burns Split Sonic
Boss DD-7 (w/ Tap switch)
BAJA Real Tube Overdrive
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss TU-2
Vox AD50VTXL
ok
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Still aint getting any educated answers here only guys looking for an argument, this doesnt intrest me, im looking for real reasons as to why such bands are looked down on. Thanks gaz
Because it's populist tripe disguised as something it is'nt.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by orgazmotron87
Still aint getting any educated answers here only guys looking for an argument, this doesnt intrest me, im looking for real reasons as to why such bands are looked down on. Thanks gaz

The irony.
I'm 22 and I still enjoy nu metal from time to time. But I find most of the stuff too boring now. That came when I was getting more into other music gernes (not metal). I noticed too that everyone hates nu metal now. I think some former fans went on to indie and some to other forms of metal that are more b00tal (lol). I know a few kids (16-17 y.o.) that really dig papa roach, (old) linking park and limp bizkit though...
I still listen to the Deftones and System of a Down on occasion. Probably because they actually tried something different and didn't play up the machismo bullshit. Could be because they didn't rely exclusively on 2 note riffs on 7-strings.
Quote by Maxico
I'm 22 and I still enjoy nu metal from time to time. But I find most of the stuff too boring now. That came when I was getting more into other music gernes (not metal). I noticed too that everyone hates nu metal now. I think some former fans went on to indie and some to other forms of metal that are more b00tal (lol). I know a few kids (16-17 y.o.) that really dig papa roach, (old) linking park and limp bizkit though...

At last a decent answer, but you obviously don't find nu metal to be a bad sound? alot of nu metal that I've listened to sucks, but then the older korn deftones helmet sound was awesome. cheers gaz
Quote by Iommianity
I still listen to the Deftones and System of a Down on occasion. Probably because they actually tried something different and didn't play up the machismo bullshit. Could be because they didn't rely exclusively on 2 note riffs on 7-strings.

but thats the thing im going to base this on the fact that your a guitarist? pretty much all metal is simplistic, power chord with overdub of somesort
Quote by orgazmotron87
but thats the thing im going to base this on the fact that your a guitarist? pretty much all metal is simplistic, power chord with overdub of somesort

A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
most the lyrics in a lot of nu metal bands are meaningless angst and anger. i think, at least for me, the lyrics dont do it for me, its just a bunch of angry (mostly) white dudes who are pissed off but are very good at expressing it in song form. Also a lot of the guys in those bands suck at their instruments, looking at this from a purely technical stand. Papa roach, linkin park, etc. have shitty musicians in their bands (not always, but admit it, kind of a lot) it seems to me like a new genre of music has moved into the nu metal genre that i heard called UFC-core. this sums up a lot of the tapout-wearing douches who listen to hollywood undead and think they can fight because they are either just douches or they have a lot of anger they cant express in another way. thats what i got for ya. take it as it is, an opinion
Quote by orgazmotron87

Name 20 Metal bands.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by orgazmotron87

At first I thought you just had a problem typing/spelling but now I realize that you actually ARE retarded.
Quote by orgazmotron87

Right. They also tend to add melodies, and even dynamics...oh you.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by orgazmotron87

It's not snobbery to expect a person to learn to express themselves like a coherent, mature person.

also, Trollololol
Quote by flip666sorry
most the lyrics in a lot of nu metal bands are meaningless angst and anger. i think, at least for me, the lyrics dont do it for me, its just a bunch of angry (mostly) white dudes who are pissed off but are very good at expressing it in song form. Also a lot of the guys in those bands suck at their instruments, looking at this from a purely technical stand. Papa roach, linkin park, etc. have shitty musicians in their bands (not always, but admit it, kind of a lot) it seems to me like a new genre of music has moved into the nu metal genre that i heard called UFC-core. this sums up a lot of the tapout-wearing douches who listen to hollywood undead and think they can fight because they are either just douches or they have a lot of anger they cant express in another way. thats what i got for ya. take it as it is, an opinion

I think you've got a point. Not very talented musicians plus "teenage-y" lyrics. :S Still like Deftones because they were not too much into the what you've called angst and anger lyrics.
Quote by orgazmotron87
Ill mention a few of my fave bands rite now, meshuggah, mnemic, korn, opeth, deicide, cradle of filth, slipknot. Whats the meaning of this question?

Basically, he's tricking you into embarrassing yourself. Fell right into it if you ask me.
thank you maxico. and about the deftones, when i hear minerva or change or hole in the earth i just dont hear nu metal. Like those songs dont scream, oh yea they sound like linkin park or papa roach ya kno?
Quote by severed-metal
Basically, he's tricking you into embarrassing yourself. Fell right into it if you ask me.

i dont care if you dont like the same bands that i do lol, it doesnt bother me, i just wanted people to answer my question, and my fave band of all time is S.Y.L and i dare someone to say they suck. thx gaz
and come on man, r u telling me that any of the dudes in linkin park or most nu metal bands are any better than average at their instruments? for the most part no, imo.
Quote by orgazmotron87
Well iv been into the nu metal scene since the start, and ive been into every underground scene also. but after 15 years of metal my fave bands are still korn and machine head, why do people hate this stuff? is it just pure snobbery? i can play a silly dragonforce solo, just overdub and overdub, i can play a metallica solo, so whats the difference, cheers gaz

What were your views on The Blackening?

The answer of your reply will either receive this or this.
My username is a Misnomer.

Im not into the whole drug scene....

I just think Fire is Boss.

Last edited by blazeman444 at Aug 19, 2011,
Quote by orgazmotron87
Ill mention a few of my fave bands rite now, meshuggah, mnemic, korn, opeth, deicide, cradle of filth, slipknot. Whats the meaning of this question?

Exactly, you've barely explored Metal by the sounds of it. Head over to the rec thread first page and go through ALL OF IT, and you may answer your own questions.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by orgazmotron87
i dont care if you dont like the same bands that i do lol, it doesnt bother me, i just wanted people to answer my question, and my fave band of all time is S.Y.L and i dare someone to say they suck. thx gaz

Your question is laced with ignorance, is what I'm getting at.
Iv been through metal over and over again, i cant help if i still prefer what i prefer.. no offence to you or anyone else, this wasnt meant to be an offensive topic. i have listened to everything metal for the last 15 years weather it be napalm death or 3 doors down, i am just stating an opinion. i dont care how offensive these people are. cheers gaz
Quote by orgazmotron87

Be a civilized human being and using proper grammar. ho I sposed 2 undstnd u wn I cnt enve raed wat u r sayn?!!!???? lolz. If you can't even type properly and respectfully like 25 year old should, you wouldn't have people not taking you serious and calling you stupid. I'm thirteen and I type better than you. If you consider typing properly "typical snobbery," than you have a very severe misunderstanding of snobbery. This is a forum. Not some kind of Internet Chatroom with all of your friends who wear their flat-brim hats and have shorts down below their ankles. Type right or get out.

On topic:
People don't like Nu-metal because music is subjective. I hate most rap and things of the sort. So I tend to stray away from Limp Bizkit, and others. The guitars are too simple for my taste and I tend to dislike the singing. Machine Head's Old is a song that I like, and I do like some Slipknot, but generally, I dislike Nu-metal. I prefer Tech-death, Jazz, Classical, 80's metal, Techno, and more.
Quote by orgazmotron87
Iv been through metal over and over again, i cant help if i still prefer what i prefer.. no offence to you or anyone else, this wasnt meant to be an offensive topic. i have listened to everything metal for the last 15 years weather it be napalm death or 3 doors down, i am just stating an opinion. i dont care how offensive these people are. cheers gaz

See you say that, but i can guarantee that you haven't.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by carnagereap666
Be a civilized human being and using proper grammar. ho I sposed 2 undstnd u wn I cnt enve raed wat u r sayn?!!!???? lolz. If you can't even type properly and respectfully like 25 year old should, you wouldn't have people not taking you serious and calling you stupid. I'm thirteen and I type better than you. If you consider typing properly "typical snobbery," than you have a very severe misunderstanding of snobbery. This is a forum. Not some kind of Internet Chatroom with all of your friends who wear their flat-brim hats and have shorts down below their ankles. Type right or get out.

On topic:
People don't like Nu-metal because music is subjective. I hate most rap and things of the sort. So I tend to stray away from Limp Bizkit, and others. The guitars are too simple for my taste and I tend to dislike the singing. Machine Head's Old is a song that I like, and I do like some Slipknot, but generally, I dislike Nu-metal. I prefer Tech-death, Jazz, Classical, 80's metal, Techno, and more.

OK 13, lol. im a bad person because i cant be arsed to type properly? i am highly educated just as i assume you will be so why is this such an issue?
Page 1 of 2