Hello, people!
I just registered here because I urgently need an ID on this guitar.

The seller claims it to be a (to quote) "Johnson sunburst electric guitar".
Now, she is selling it for £40.
In the listing, she has given this link for reference:
http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=johnson+electric+guitar+sunburst&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=531&wrapid=tlif131316686860610&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9472932282083205621&sa=X&ei=IVZFTtzMFYyDhQe00sC_Bg&ved=0CEIQ8

That guitar there has a price of £1,787.

I have attached the only 2 pictures of it on the listing.

Also, she says its in great condition with only a few scratches... don't know what to make of this?
Attachments:
G1.jpg
G2.jpg
johnson is a guitar company that produces very cheap, knockoff fender strats. its definitely not an EJ Strat, and whether the quality of the guitar is worth the price is totally up to you
I'm guessing she just found a guitar that looked like hers and posted the link. Go check it out and give us a full report. You never know. Maybe she's pissed at her husband, and is selling his Eric Johnson for $40, lol.
Quote by jackson1040
johnson is a guitar company that produces very cheap, knockoff fender strats. its definitely not an EJ Strat, and whether the quality of the guitar is worth the price is totally up to you

Yeah I was thinking it's probably a cheap copy.. I have emailed her why she gave a link to the EJ Strat if she's only selling hers for £40. Will update this thread when she emails me back.
Okay, so I finally got an email back from her.
Turns out it was actually the real deal.
She sold it for £200 on eBay....
It wasn't "the real deal" because the pictures from the listing clearly had "Johnson" on the headstock, not "Fender".
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
It wasn't "the real deal" because the pictures from the listing clearly had "Johnson" on the headstock, not "Fender".

Just going on what she told me... she's probably wrong then; I don't know anything about Johnson/Fender.
She's clearly wrong. She probably googled "Johnson Stratocaster" and came up with the Eric Johnson model by Fender. It's got the same basic shape and color so she assumed it was the same thing, when what she really had was a cheap piece of crap. Johnson makes terrible guitars, and that is definitely what's in the picture.
Quote by CholmondlyW
Okay, so I finally got an email back from her.
Turns out it was actually the real deal.
She sold it for £200 on eBay....

wow, she just caused someone some grief if she really did that, and herself as well. You should email her back and tell her to expect to give a full refund and pay for return shipping on that guitar.
Well, getting 200 for that was a really good score on her part.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Well, getting 200 for that was a really good score on her part.

until the buyer realises what she did.

i think those johnson strats go for less than £200 brand new..

edit: yeah, a LOT less http://www.gak.co.uk/en/johnson-s-style-electric-guitar/20640
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 23, 2011,
Yeah.

Shes going to get ****ed.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Yeah.

Shes going to get ****ed.

and probably won't know why, because that seems like a genuine research fail

right now she's probably thinking "i could've got a lot more for that, they cost nearly £2000 new!"
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

I wonder what kind of person would think they're getting an EJ strat for $200, and NOT study the pictures intently, though.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
I wonder what kind of person would think they're getting an EJ strat for $200, and NOT study the pictures intently, though.

the same kind of person who buys a fake fender off a chinese "wholesaler"?