Does anyone else on here make their own guitar picks? And what do you make them out of? I make my picks out of itunes gift cards!
Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I LOVE JESUS
I've made a few, but they weren't as good as "real" picks. They wear out quickly, and I don't have many plastic cards that I can cut picks from.

I've tried using bottles, but they were too thin and floppy.
Make my own picks??? lol I just bought a 12 pack of .60mm Tortex's

But yeah i've made my own before, not as good as store bought ones.
"I'll have 2 number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda" ~Melvin 'Big Smoke' Harris.
Quote by andrew6.688
just go buy a pack of tortexs. red, yellow, green or blue. thats 1000x better than your giftcard.

Or order in some V Picks and experience a whole new world of picks.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Musicians friend makes great picks. You can get 12 for $2.00.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I buy a pack of Dunlop Ultex 2s and I file then so they are really sharp. That way, I have a pick and a weapon!!!
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I usually just buy two dozen dunlop nylon max grips but I occasionally buy a gross at a time and end up losing them all
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
I've tried making my own but they felt horrible and they kind of shredded off bits after a lot of use.

Just been using a jar full of assorted Tortex picks of varying thickness since then.
i wish i could .. im just waiting for my turtle to die !!! will make nice tortoise shell . 1 year 1/2 to wait

honestly they cost 12 for 2 $ why bother ?
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Aug 20, 2011,
Quote by Skysc
i wish i could .. im just waiting for my turtle to die !!! will make nice tortoise shell . still 1 year 1/2 to wait

honestly they cost 12 for 2 $ why bother ?

Well, at my local music store they're 35 cents each.

Plus, it's free shipping from amazon.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 20, 2011,
pshhh order v-picks (no disrespect, there freaking amazing) i make my own picks that are the exact same as v picks...
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

Quote by Skysc
i wish i could .. im just waiting for my turtle to die !!! will make nice tortoise shell . 1 year 1/2 to wait

That's horrible, and illegial.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer