Hey dudes,

I still can't decide which new guitar i want

I was pretty sure of buying the PRS Tremonti SE because that fits my musical style very well,

The problem is, i have like musical moodswings, one time i like to listen to soft rock like Sherwood and Weezer and that can vary to bands like asking alexandria and avenged sevenfold..

My price range is around 700$-800$

I was thinking about maybe a Gibson SG Special Faded

I don't really like those metal guitars from ESP, I know they would be one of the best options but i just don't think i would be playing comfortable with one of those guitars.

If you guys have any suggestions on a new guitar which can both handle hardrock/metal and softer rock like Weezer, that would be awesome

Thanks guys.

Ps. Sorry if i made any mistakes in spelling, english is not my original language.
Me, I'd go for the SG. But that's just because I don't like PRS at all.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by ThrashMetal014
Me, I'd go for the SG. But that's just because I don't like PRS at all.

Yeah i was thinking of the SG too, it just looks way better,

But i don't know if the sound if good and can fit my style of music,

I live on an island in the caribbean with almost no music shops on it so i don't have the oppurtunity to test a guitar out

Thanks
Generally, with a high output PAF, you can just roll back the volume a little to clean things up. The more important questions will be "which guitar feels right for you?" and "what does my amp sound like?"
Quote by W4RP1G
Generally, with a high output PAF, you can just roll back the volume a little to clean things up. The more important questions will be "which guitar feels right for you?" and "what does my amp sound like?"

Choosing the guitar which feels good is the problem,

I live on an island in the caribbean with like one music shop on it, that shop only sells standard fender stratocasters.. that is pretty much everything they have here,

I have a Fender Frontman 25R amplifier now, I know, I need a new one.
I'm going to buy a Line 6 amp soon
Quote by Stereohead
Choosing the guitar which feels good is the problem,

I live on an island in the caribbean with like one music shop on it, that shop only sells standard fender stratocasters.. that is pretty much everything they have here,

I have a Fender Frontman 25R amplifier now, I know, I need a new one.

I'd personally get a good sounding tube amp that covers a lot of ground(I don't know what you guys have out their though) and then a multi-fx unit to give me all the dazzling effects, if that's what you want, or just separate pedal effects, but that's more expensive. I hate Line 6 amps.

Isn't the SG Special the one with the fat neck? You should check into that because you may not like a super fat neck.

I don't think the Tremonti SE will let you down. Granted, it's just another Korean guitar in the end, but it's very playable.
Quote by Stereohead

Whoa buddy, watch out for those Line 6 Spiders. I would reccomend the Peavy Vypyr series over the Spiders since they are in the same flexible price range.
OT: Since you can't try any guitars out, I'm assuming you are buying online. I would agree with you on the SG. Not the most versatile for genres in general, but it is versatile in the ways of rock, soft or hard.
Ok thank guys!, i'm not gonna buy a line 6 after hearing this :P,

I think i will go with the Tremonti SE then, I love tremonti's style of playing so that would suit my needs,

Thanks again!
Quote by Stereohead
Ok thank guys!, i'm not gonna buy a line 6 after hearing this :P,

I think i will go with the Tremonti SE then, I love tremonti's style of playing so that would suit my needs,

Thanks again!

Just to clarify, most Line 6 stuff is good, especially the POD. The Spider amps are just bad. If it says "spyder" on it, don't get it. If it doesn't, try it and see if you like it
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)