Hi, first off i'm going to say, that i really don't know what i'm doing when it comes to recording guitar stuff.

My line up is-
Itouch 4g! for video and audio of the guitar
then i add in the real song through software

my sound comes out really bassy and i cant hear the amp very well at all (cant play it loud anyways)

how can i improve my sound? I've seen people use the line 6 podfarm stuff and they sound pretty good. but will it sound good with my gear? i have a laguna LE122 guitar. I dont want to buy a pod and my guitar not sound good or something lol

TL;DR what is my best option for recording without spending more then 200 dollars (and is it going to sound really good with the pod using my cheap guitar)
Last edited by emmicKs at Aug 20, 2011,
Quote by sidvicious182
id get a line 6 toneport and a decent mic. probably best thing to do for the price.
i thought the line 6 toneport thing was the hardware you record into. rather than a separate mic
Quote by sidvicious182
naw, toneports and pods are interfaces that connect to your computer. you plug in mics and instruments into the toneport.
so if i plug my guitar into the ux studio pod thing or whatever i can record to my computer? is there a way to hear what im playing for guitar covers?
Quote by emmicKs
DR what is my best option for recording without spending more then 200 dollars (and is it going to sound really good with the pod using my cheap guitar)

You can get an interface for around $100-$200 US and theres free recording programs. A cheap mic will work but a decent one can run you around $50+
Quote by emmicKs
so if i plug my guitar into the ux studio pod thing or whatever i can record to my computer? is there a way to hear what im playing for guitar covers?

Yes there will be a monitoring output which you plug your speakers or headphones into.