been playing for 8 months.

been playing infront of 500 people at my church and the worship pastor loves it.

also on friday nights playing in front of around 30 people for about 3 songs.

i love to use power chords, and my scales in between to turn people on to the music. What should i learn next??? seriously guys, i need your help. Ultimate guitar is the reason i am playing O.K now. I went to guitar center and played a little bit on the NICE guitars and amps. and people thought i was pro.... im like it must be the equipment.... sorry if i sound cocky. but im not trying to be just telling the truth. should i just keep doing scale run exercises like ive been doing or what??? and is good equipment really a good thing? ( prob yes ). I got a cheap Chinese guitar right now and thats what ive been using.... What do you guys think?????

Thanks again my rocker buddys!!!
Ask Jesus.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
and so this descends into judging his religion rather than answering the question.

yet? don't worry, I'm sure he's just busy... he'll be right with you.... >.>

To achieve the sound that people are accustomed to hearing I believe there is a point where you should splash some cash on a decent amp/guitar. Generally speaking I find the more expensive the guitar is the easier it is to play. But I'm not sure if that's a given.
Lepracauns Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Ice Master
and so this descends into judging his religion rather than answering the question.

yet? don't worry, I'm sure he's just busy... he'll be right with you.... >.>

To achieve the sound that people are accustomed to hearing I believe there is a point where you should splash some cash on a decent amp/guitar. Generally speaking I find the more expensive the guitar is the easier it is to play. But I'm not sure if that's a given.

i know what your saying brother. like i said i went to guitar center and the nice guitars there were awsome!!! it was like i didnt have to try as hard to sound good!!! Problem is i only have a certain amount of money to spend on one... and i dont know if it was the amp , or guitar or me!!!
Quote by Jmccorkle1222
been playing for 8 months.

people thought i was pro

is this fact?
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by Jmccorkle1222
I went to guitar center and played a little bit on the NICE guitars and amps. and people thought i was pro.... im like it must be the equipment....

Thanks again my rocker buddys!!!

That or they wanted you to buy something. >_>

But yeah, try dipping into a bit of basic music theory. It's a bit hard to wrap your head around at first, but it's probably one of the most useful things I've ever learned (am learning?) as far as music.

Buying a new guitar won't make you a better player.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 20, 2011,
im just in the point in my life where i have just hooked on to guitar playing like a addiction!!!! i love it so much.... im sure u guys know what im talking about.. its like my hobby... when other people ask me what else i do besides my job, college, and whatever,
Quote by SlayingDragons
That or they wanted you to buy something. >_>

But yeah, try dipping into a bit of basic music theory. It's a bit hard to wrap your head around at first, but it's probably one of the most useful things I've ever learned (am learning?) as far as music.

it was a couple other kids like a couple years younger then me that said it to me.. they didn't have a guitar center t shirt on. normal guys they were ! :P i sound like Yoda :P
Quote by SlayingDragons

unless it prompts you to play more on your new, different guitar!

...just trying to give validation to buying new guitars...
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
What would Michael Moore do?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Vornik
Ask Jesus.

Oh man I laughed hard. Kudos.

Anyways. I could barely understand what you're saying, but from what I got from it, you want advice on what equipment to get for playing guitar in front of your church? And advice on what else to learn?

Well, shit, dude. Just get a basic acoustic-electric and input that to the church's PA system. Christian music can usually just be done by jamming some chords on an acoustic, I've played guitar for a church once (despite not being Christian) and it was just a basic, picking up an acoustic and following along with another guy. And the kids loved it.

You can fish out maybe $300 for a decent acoustic-electric and you'd probably be set on equipment. It's church music, you wont be needing a $1000 Ibanez. Now for learning new stuff? Learn every chord you can get. All the majors, minors, 7s and minor 7s. Then buy some books and you're essentially set.

Then again, I barely understood your post and every other reply on the thread, so I could be completely off with this advice.

Good luck.
Quote by Vornik
Ask Jesus.

This is why we nonreligious people are thought to be self centered assholes.

OT:
Have YOU thought about how you want to progress? Maybe look into different techniques, different musical style or theory.

The idea is to challenge yourself, for instance throw your pick away for a bit and use a finger style.

Good equipment is really better then cheap knock offs, but if you've only been playing 8 months that should be the furthest thing from your mind right now.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Aug 20, 2011,
honestly been playing alot of the music i LOVE . 80's style music... and been listenen to alot of my hero ... James taylor... i love playing his acoustic songs
Quote by Jmccorkle1222
it was a couple other kids like a couple years younger then me that said it to me.. they didn't have a guitar center t shirt on. normal guys they were ! :P i sound like Yoda :P

Mmmk, I'm not gonna question this. I'm just trying to say that new gear won't make you a better player (Although new gear is awesome and if you have the money buy that shizz).