'Sup everyone,
So, a quick question. Is it OK to use lemon oil on gloss laquer finished maple fretboards? I know that the finish will protect the fretboard - you're not supposed to use lemon oil on unfinished maple boards, right? But is it necessary? Will it even do any good, or is it completely useless? If so, what other ways of conditioning such a fretboard are there?
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Gloss finishes just need a clean and polish with something that won't damage the lacquer. I think you're fine with lemon oil but I've never used it myself.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
Seeing that this kit by Dunlop (http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/system-65-guitar-tech-kit) has lemon oil in it, I'm guessing you're safe and also doing something good for your neck. Not too sure though. You might wanna buy or atleast checkout such a pack to see what they want you to use the lemon oil for.
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
Ok, thx for the replies. It's cool though - I was just asking 'cause I was about to set up my friend's new Fender Blacktop Tele. The 'borad was in perfect shape, though, so I didn't need to do anything to it. Was a pretty banging guitar, too - awesome string separation and very good value for money.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Conditioning is something that you do to fretboards that don't have a finish, like rosewood.

A maple neck with a finish is cleanable with the same stuff that you use for the rest of the guitar. The wood itself is sealed, and isn't accessible for conditioning.

As for an unfinished maple board, well, I don't know...
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Last edited by Jazz Funeral at Aug 20, 2011,
Well the lemon Oil fretboard cleaner on the Dunlop bottle says Do not use on Maple fretboards.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss