Alright So I was Inspired by this song, "The Farewell Ballad" by Zakk Wylde and I have been playing guitar well almost 2 years. One thing I haven't learned is this, "/12" there are no note before it and I have no idea what to do same as (12). I can handle Vibrato and Trill but this really bothers me I know if I learn this it will cause a major change into my guitar habits
/12. I think stands for a slide. Just slide from any fret you want, but it should be from the scale, if not any note that sounds good.

(12). Is a ghost note from what I know, meaning to play the note softer.

You have to learn it if you want to get better as a musician, even if there is a change in your guitar habit it would probably be a better change.

Hope This Helped,
Quote by jsniper10
Alright So I was Inspired by this song, "The Farewell Ballad" by Zakk Wylde and I have been playing guitar well almost 2 years. One thing I haven't learned is this, "/12" there are no note before it and I have no idea what to do same as (12). I can handle Vibrato and Trill but this really bothers me I know if I learn this it will cause a major change into my guitar habits

Your first one is a slide into the 12th fret that originates at a non-specific point on the fretboard and ends at the 12. Many times notes in parentheses may imply the note, or that it is still sounding (sustained) in that bar.

Best,

Sean
Quote by jsniper10

The "/12" is a slide up to a 12. Typically when you slide between two notes, you pick the first note, hold it for a bit, and then slide. In this case, you can use any note to start the slide, but start sliding as soon as you hit the note so that you don't hear the first note.

I'm not sure about the second note; it either means "natural harmonic" or "ghost note," and I think its the latter. For a natural harmonic, you just lightly touch the string right above the indicated fret, 12th in this case, and pluck the string. If you do it right, you'll hear a note. A ghost note is just a very quiet note, so there are a bunch of ways you can do that (try just hammering on from nothing)
Helps me a little a bit I have learned a bit of it I just love this song
My friend taught me Eruption by: Eddie Van Halen