Page 1 of 2
Hey guys!

This is my first cover and I took a lot of time to record the sound and video

I'm playing the main guitar and there is a Backing Track.

I will C4C

Thanks!

UPDATE: I recorded the solo and the rhythm part for the solo since I wanted to redo it because the solo sucked and the other video was missing the solo rhythm you can still watch the other one in my channel.

Holiday
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
Last edited by SupahStrat at Aug 22, 2011,
yeah I hate that solo... I couldn't record it right. Tried thousands of times and that was the best /: (yeah imagine the other ones...)

Thanks guys
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
Thanks for the crit on my cover. Rhythm wise this is great and you've got a very cool tone for the rhythm but you seem uncomfortable during the solo like you said. Just keep practicing with it and loosen it up a bit and it'll come together. Tone wise, With the Muff' at such a high level it doesn't really lend itself well to lead parts. Overall real solid job man and keep up the good work.
thanks for the positive comments you guys!! I'll keep doing covers and I'll work on the solo!

I'm gonna check the C4Cs now
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
great rhythm track but i gotta say the solo needs a bit of work! maybe add a tad of delay and vibrato a bit? otherwise solid job, good tone!
Hi,

Good job man ! only remark would be to dry up the tone, make it chunky more bas less treble. And ad a bitt of vibrato to your solooing. This way the solo gets a lot more feel.

Good job mate, keep up the good work

Cheers,
All the rhythm was perfect, like other people said the solo needs a little bit of work. Just practice it and try and add some 'feeling' to it. Add your own little touch of vibrato or FX or whatever you want

For the tone it might just be the camera, but it was really scooped sounding. Turn down the treble and turn up the mids.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
thanks for all the positive comments guys! keep 'em coming!

FYI: I recorded the guita in garageband and I recorded the video with my dad's D300S. Afterwards I put them together in iMovie. So it's not the camera.

Tone wise, I think I should've added a bit less distortion and as Ghast said less treble and more mids. I'm uploading an updated version with a new solo I recorded today.

Thanks
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
I'm gonna be honest with you. I really hate Green Day, but I did watch your cover. The rhythm sounded fine, I just think you need to lower the tone. Less treble more bass etc. Not saying it doesn't work, but I think a little less would sound better.

The solo sounded good too, like the guy above me, must be the updated version.
ur playing was not flawless but hey u nailed it on most part.. probably 96%... I think it's fine... even Greenday themselves made some mistake when playing live.. and we seldom notice about it..

one thing I can say.. ur playing has a lot of pauses... like the short solo.. I think u should just let it ring... I mean.. keep the notes alive... cos it feels weird when u chop it like that... thats my 2 cents..

anyway... ur guitar looks awesome.. what guitar is that??

would be great if can check out mine??

http://youtu.be/geMi_qlHADc

~peace from Malaysia~
Hey thanks for your comments!

In all honesty i'm not a big fan of green day but I enjoyed your cover nonetheless! The guitar playing was pretty smooth although there is a lot of pauses and stuff so my only advice is to fill those gaps and you'll be plain sailing
Cheers for the comments mate.

Just watched your cover.. good song choice from that album, one of my favs off it anyway.
As most have said the rhythm is smooth and timed well. The solo could use some work, but just a bit of polish if that makes any sense...? You hit all the notes, just needs a bit more practice.

Good cover though dude, much better than i could do.
Sweet guitar also.. what make is it?

Totally gonna bring out the old green day albums for some nostalgia now.
Hey Supah Strat! Thanks for checking out my song! I remember when I used to listen to Green Day all the time way back when lol but it's a good solid cover. The only thing that I would say is just adjust your distorted tone, it sounds kinda....i'm not sure what the word I'm looking for is...like mucky? lol and just tighten up the changes in chords cuz you can hear like a quick pause between each chord. You wanna make it a smooth transition between each chord

All in all a great job! I hit the "thumbs up" button for you too! Let us know whenever you put any more covers or originals on YouTube
wow
this was the first song i ever covered haha
awesome some, and i love your peavey vypyr amp- i have one too
your playing was pretty much perfect- except you should work on getting your solo to sound more fluid- maybe by adding some vibrato
also, play around with your tone rather than keeping it at treble mids and bass at 12 o'clock- green day has a really punchy sound- so maybe boost your mids and treble a bit and cut off on the gain so it isnt too fizzy

awesome cover overall- i'd love to hear more from you
check out my opeth cover please
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1473704
Hey bro, thanks for your crit on my vid. I'd honestly say that this cover sounds studio quality and insanely close to the original. Other than what's been said on the solo, everything is great. Keep at it man.
I'm not familiar with the song. It sounded pretty good to me. The solo was mostly played fine, just a couple of notes behind the beat.
Nice one man, the only for me would be the sound quality. But then I saw you were using Garage Band then it made sense but it's very nice you did a good job with it! Keep posting more covers mate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAZ4wEEAxB0 Check out my cover cheers!
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Really good cover man, especially for your first one that is! Although I find the tone a bit "fuzzy", it's perfectly adapted for the song (and most of Green Day).

Cheers for the crit and keep doing covers!
Hey nice cover! 2 things:
The rythm tone needs less treble, its a little harsh. And The solo was a little choppy but not that bad. Otherwise it was a great production and i liked the high quality!
hey man thanks for the critique on my video.... i really liked your cover of this....the tone was spot on! people could easily confuse this with the real version! i thought the solo sounded good, but it was a little choppy.....anyway, it was a great cover after all! keep them coming!
Oh hey, I didn't see you there
I don't think your guitar tone sounds very good, doesn't really fit the song imo. I really like your tone for the solo though, that tone fits a lot better into the song.
Otherwise your playing was pretty good.

Just click on the link in my sig and click on any video you like
Hey man All the playing was perfect and you just about nailed the tone! Just dial back the gain *juussttttt a little* and turn your treble jussttt a bit and turn up the mids so its not quite as scooped then it would be just about perfect
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
I had a feeling I had watched this before nice work!

Thanks for recognising the Davud Thorne shirt
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
not too much a fan of the tone of the intro and the solo though, tone for the verse isn't too bad, overall sounds a bit too overdriven.
good playing though, can't really fault it.

keep it up :-)
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce
Italia Maranello Standard
Fender American Deluxe Strat

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
First of all, thanks for checking out and critiquing my song.

Now here's yours.........
Solid rhythm playing, but I feel that the riff at 2:00 would have sounded better if you had sustained the notes for longer (I think its like that in the original song). Also, try adding some vibratos into the solo, it should spice it up more.
Though I love the cover. 5 stars!

Page 1 of 2