i've checked the total of two pages we have in the drum forum. we have no hard songs to drum thread!

so, what song do you find really hard to drum?

the mouth licking what you've bled would be up there somewhere i assume.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by oxymoronicman
try "those whom the gods detest" by Nile. I wouldn't even try attempting that.
Honestly, George is great but ridiculous fast blast beats are not the end of the line when it comes to difficulty, it's more a matter of endurance than anything else.

Hell, I could play that whole song (without any of the uber fast double bass, as my hands are much quicker than my feet) and I still have a long way to go.

For metal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtHJKld99Z8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WjdpG7e2zg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVRGGfzfIJk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CugnVOTPAM (this version specifically)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD9Pr1qm3Wk (again, this version specifically)

Pretty much anything by Cynic also.
Quote by TheReverend724
djent
Haha, yeah wouldn't really listen to Periphery in my spare time, but Orbin is a wicked drummer and a lot of his parts are quite tricky-- their current drummer is great as well, though his style is almost entirely different.
I've always had serious trouble with Circa Survive. I'm not going to list the obvious like Tool or Mastodon because I don't expect to be able to play that kind of stuff, but the Circa Survive drummer has quite a strange way of playing things and is very hard to copy perfectly.
It's not metal, and it makes me sound like a fanboy, but honestly, Constant Motion. Just the solo.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Any minus the bear song.

edit - also, half of Foals first album. bastard keeps throwing in shit that'll throw me off.
Last edited by Mack56 at Aug 21, 2011,
Quote by fatkevin10
john the fisherman by primus

Funny you mention that one...I had learnt that for a cover not too long ago, and it took me WAY too long, definitely a toughy. I'd say for me it'd be Mars Volta, especially when Pridgen was playin with 'em. Also I find a lotta tunes by Hendrix are no cupcake on the drums, MM was real "frantic" like Keith Moon...I almost kinda think of each song as a drum solo. I guess since Im rambling, i'll mention System of a Down and Baroness (Blickle's swing feel is phenominal, even if played spot on unless you get the "feel" right, you sound way off).
21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson, the middle section is insane.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by Skinny91
21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson, the middle section is insane.

+1 I always get tripped up during the sax solo when the drums get all weird and syncopated.
Quote by doomtron
+1 I always get tripped up during the sax solo when the drums get all weird and syncopated.

the trick is to make sex faces and just play random shit.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Almost Again from SYL is pretty damn tricky, I can never get the hang of the hihat rythym on there, not to mention the speed during the blast parts.
Anything by George Kolias and/or Thomas Lang just because I suck at drums :P
Most songs by The Fall of Troy, especially Manipulator era.

I'm gonna be Captain State-The-Obvious, and say Mastodon, too, just because his little snare rolls and tricky fills are really hard to recreate accurately.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Almost Again from SYL is pretty damn tricky, I can never get the hang of the hihat rythym on there, not to mention the speed during the blast parts.

Wrong Side is harder, I think. I can do it up until the "SAAAAAAAAAAAY the WOOORRRRD and I'll be gOOOOOOOone" part and there's that really strange ride beat. It could be a pretty standard beat played blindingly fast though. I honestly can't tell. I just beat the shit out of my ride and hope it sounds OK.
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
Wrong Side is harder, I think. I can do it up until the "SAAAAAAAAAAAY the WOOORRRRD and I'll be gOOOOOOOone" part and there's that really strange ride beat. It could be a pretty standard beat played blindingly fast though. I honestly can't tell. I just beat the shit out of my ride and hope it sounds OK.

I gave it a listen and tried doing the ride beat, which was simple enough, but then I tried to even do a simple beat with my other hand and foot to it and it threw me out right away. you're right, that's a screwy one.
Quote by AmericanZero13
Also I find a lotta tunes by Hendrix are no cupcake on the drums, MM was real "frantic" like Keith Moon...I almost kinda think of each song as a drum solo. I guess since Im rambling, i'll mention System of a Down and Baroness (Blickle's swing feel is phenominal, even if played spot on unless you get the "feel" right, you sound way off).

Yeah Mitch was a great madman on drums. And as far as SOAD go, damn I love the drum intro to "Know".
Another song I've seen trip up lot of drummers is "Song for the Dead" by Queens of the Stone Age.
bleed
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.
+1 to Circa and MTB, really weird shit sometimes.

Heraldic Beak by TSOAF. I guess if I knew something about rudiments it would make more sense, but it's still impossible to replicate exactly...
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Another tricky song is Animals as Leaders' CAFO... It's kinda hard to pull off without tripping up :P
most latin rhythms and syncopation in general.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Steve08

/thread

Nah but seriously though, holy **** is it easy to get lost in there. And getting the polyrhythm technique down for the intro is easier said than done.

I always thought John from SOAD had some pretty cool chops, he has great feeling too. Never really payed much attention to the drums when listening to SOAD though, I'm sure there are a few songs that you'll bust your nuts trying to learn.
Last edited by Ascendant at Sep 28, 2011,