I have serious GAS at the moment. I'm kind of interested in the whole 7 string phenomenon. Here's what I like the look of so far.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/C-7-Custom.aspx

http://www.mayones.com/en/katalog/regius/regius_7

Both look sexy as hell.

What I'm looking for is ones similar to these. Fixed bridge, option of passive pickups, usual 24 frets and regular neck scale.

My budget is around £700-800. I could probably bend this slightly. After this I can safely say I'm well stocked up in the guitar section. This will be my first ever 7 string, I haven't even played one before although the whole new dimension of a lower string excites me a little. There's so many more things I could accomplish writing-wise.

Post some more guitars for me guys!

Thanks.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Everyone always told me to check out Ibanez RG7321,7421 and 7621. The higher the number the better. (Made in japan)

So I'm passing on the same info.
Yeah I love my rga 121 although I think I would like a different model for a 7 string although I'll definitely take a look into that. Thanks.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
I stick by my choice to buy an Agile 730 interceptor, All i could ever wish for... and the 30 inch neck, nom nom nom
schecters are nice, but they have a really wide feel to the neck, rather than the skinny feel of ibanez necks, so they're not for everyone. mayones seems like some pretty cool stuff, haven't tried one though.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Zerox8610
Everyone always told me to check out Ibanez RG7321,7421 and 7621. The higher the number the better. (Made in japan)

So I'm passing on the same info.

Do not buy the ibanez rg7321. It is made indonesia, I've played one - it is shit.

If you can find a 7421/7420 or even better a 7621/7620 get it. both are Japanese made and discontinued.

The Ibanez equivalent to the rg7420 and 7620 is the rg1527.

That can be had for as low as £600, and then you can mod it with pickups to suit your playing style
oh and props for owning an RGA121 - i have one that i fitted Blackouts in - tuned to B standard - it rips!!!!!
Is there a possibility for Floyd Rose trem, passive pups, 24 frets and 25,5" scale?
I'd suggest to go for Ibanez RG1527z. Made in Japan, comes with the case because it's Prestige.
I have this guitar and absolutely love it.
Quote by Laterr
Is there a possibility for Floyd Rose trem, passive pups, 24 frets and 25,5" scale?
I'd suggest to go for Ibanez RG1527z. Made in Japan, comes with the case because it's Prestige.
I have this guitar and absolutely love it.

That is a sick guitar but costs a bit more than this guys budget in the UK. The RG1527 - the one w/ the edge pro trem, is getting sold cheap coz the RG1527z replaced it
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
schecters are nice, but they have a really wide feel to the neck, rather than the skinny feel of ibanez necks, so they're not for everyone. mayones seems like some pretty cool stuff, haven't tried one though.

You mean a thick neck? I absolutely adore the thin neck on my ibanez. It's hard to say if I wouldn't like the feel of the schecter. How thick are we talking here? The look of the guitar alone makes me all warm and fuzzy inside..

edit

I love the look of that Ibanez RG1527z. Too bad it has a floating trem, those things have given me plenty of headaches with my LTD DJ600, unless you can convince me otherwise? I have an original floyd rose in my LTD. I would constantly break strings on it. The string would unwind so to speak near the bridge rather than snapping completely off..
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Last edited by Adam124 at Aug 20, 2011,
Quote by gman128
That is a sick guitar but costs a bit more than this guys budget in the UK. The RG1527 - the one w/ the edge pro trem, is getting sold cheap coz the RG1527z replaced it

I bought mine for 900 euros as new (approx 783£.
Was hell of a deal
Quote by Adam124
You mean a thick neck? I absolutely adore the thin neck on my ibanez. It's hard to say if I wouldn't like the feel of the schecter. How thick are we talking here? The look of the guitar alone makes me all warm and fuzzy inside..

If you are used to playing an ibanez RG wizard neck the schecter will feel horrible to you. The 6 string schecter necks are thick, and i wouldn't like to think how horrid and chunky a schecter 7 string neck would be. Having owned and played many an ibanez RG, i can tell you that you'll feel at home on a 7 string Japanese made RG. The necks on the rg1527/7620 are a joy to play on.
Quote by Laterr
I bought mine for 900 euros as new (approx 783£.
Was hell of a deal

That's a fantastic deal. UK stores are selling that axe at £1000 or more
TS if you can get a Mayones for that price please let me know

I would recommend an Agile for bang for buck. Or some Schecters are pretty nice as already mentioned.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic

I would recommend an Agile for bang for buck. Or some Schecters are pretty nice as already mentioned.

I was afraid they were going to be a boat load. I couldn't find an exact price for it
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by valennic

Me too gassing for a Regius 7

Agile aren't that good bang for your buck in Europe and returns/QC issues can because quite big hassles

I'd look into a used MIJ Ibanez or a Schecter Custom/old Blackjack
Quote by Adam124
I was afraid they were going to be a boat load. I couldn't find an exact price for it

Somewhere around 2000 US price if I remember correctly. So probably about 1400 for you.

^I hadn't realized he was in europe , I always **** that up >_<

And I'm gassing for a Regius 8 myself. Seen and heard much good about those.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance