Poll: Which did you hate more? Elementary vs middle vs high school
Poll Options
View poll results: Which did you hate more? Elementary vs middle vs high school
Elementary school- kindergarden to 6th grade
36 11%
Middle school- 7 & grade ( and sometimes 6? )
206 66%
High school -- 9- 12th grade
72 23%
Voters: 314.
Page 1 of 4
So pit, what was the worst part of the first 18 years of your life?
Was it elementary school ( kindergarden - 6th grade here), Middle School (7th & 8th grade here) or High school (9-12th grade) ?

Now I'm not sure all school systems work like this so I apologize for being ignorant of other education systems.

Okay if you wanna go by age and not grades than I guess...
Elementary up to 11 years of age?
Middle 11 - 14
High school 14 to 19
This is just a guess I know I started high school at 13 but it was rare-ish

I think Middle school is the worst place to be. All children go through an asshole phase at this age. And I don't know if the media considers middle school to be part of high school but it seems to me all the high school stereotypes (like bullying) happen in middle school and not in high school.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
Last edited by yaaarp at Aug 20, 2011,
Ages are preferable to grades, we don't have those here.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
middle school was the worst for me...

everyone thought that they were so tough and hassled you for every little thing you do.
Well In Australia we just have primary and high school...

High school sucks most. Also university ( at least the social side of it ) is not much better.

edit: So in TS's country, you have to have 3 separate schools? where middle school is only two different grades?

What a waste of schools.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Last edited by Julz127 at Aug 20, 2011,
Middle school, when everyone thought they were hot shit. High school chilled out a little bit, I mean the reason that sucked was I got sick of most people. Elemntary was the best though, without a doubt. Recess was the best.
ehhh I'd say middle school for me. elementay school I didn't have many friends. but people didn't judge too harshly then. middle school. was hell. no friends. I was the nasty girl no one wanted to talk to. life was good :P

highschool was great. because I realized I needed to stop TRYING to be something I'm not. made myself some real friends. and life has been pretty good since.
Elementary. My school was full of pricks and I didn't know how to stand up for myself. Moved to a different school for middle/high school and brightened up significantly.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by Julz127
Well In Australia we just have primary and high school...

High school sucks most. Also university ( at least the social side of it ) is not much better.

edit: So in TS's country, you have to have 3 separate schools? where middle school is only two different grades?

What a waste of schools.

Yeah it sucks. There are some schools that only have 7 & 8th grade and I've seen one with 6, 7 & 8. There are also schools (like mine) where they have one school then one big section for "middle school" and one bigger section "high school" with shared auditorium/ cafeteria.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
Middle school I suppose then (although here that's just the beginning of Secondary School). Although I quite enjoyed school for the most part, that would have been the time when I got the most hassle but wasn't yet able to shrug it off.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Let's see, so far Junior High was worst because everyone's like, "I smoke weed" and "I don't smoke weed"

Half the kids in this goddamn town are getting arrested every night.

"Hey, look what I buried here," "It's some weed,"
Everyone else: "Let's get ****in highhhhhhhhhhh!"

highhhhhhhhhhhh...

Well, the very beginning of elementary school I was an emotional wreck, and by the end of it, I had more unfounded rumors about me than in middle school OR high school. Middle school was uneventful, and high school I finally got away from the people I no longer wanted to associate with. And I got less fat, so there's that. So I'd say elementary school was the worst.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Middle school, when everyone thought they were hot shit. High school chilled out a little bit, I mean the reason that sucked was I got sick of most people. Elemntary was the best though, without a doubt. Recess was the best.

Recess was amazing. Building mud rivers, hunting seagulls and fighting over benches were some of my best memories. What sucked is having the same teacher all day. What if she was a bitch? You're stuck with her allllll yeeeear

^
I had rumors flying around and I was the weirdest kid in the school so it was more a roller coaster than middle school for me but the good times still outnumbered the bad times.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
Last edited by yaaarp at Aug 20, 2011,
Middle school sucked. All my friends ended up going to different schools so I had to start over almost. By 8th grade most of the chicks turned into *****s and bitches. It wasn't much fun. Then highschool came and I was reunited with some of my old friends.
I think middle school tends to be the worst; everybody seems to become more status oriented.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
My elementary school sucked ass so I picked it. It was a small school full of very tight social cliques and bullies. High school was actually better.
I've liked pretty much all of my education so far, although years 11 and 12 were both fairly shit.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
primary was awesome, high school was awesome (and a lot of awful too), college in in 2 weeks.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Middle school when all those social groups are forming was pretty annoying. People you were friends with growing up gettin involved with a different crowd and not talking to you anymore or something. High school was better as people stopped being so uptight about who they think is cool enough to associate with. College was awesome because everybody is new and open to being friends and stuff.
Middle I guess, though I never really suffered in school except for 7th grade.
We only have elementary and secondary school. Both were awesome. Elementary was so chill, all I did was play mini sticks, wall ball, manhunt, and when I was younger Pokemon/Beyblades. Shit was off the hook. Canadian high school is just everyone being friends, sex, drugs, and partying. No bullshit rigid social cliques.
I was in the last graduating class in the area to just have a K-7 and then 8-12 split. I didn't have a problem with either. Grade 8-9 were a little weird as I pretty much drifted from my old friends to my new friends, but I still enjoyed it. I still get along great with both groups though, and generally still consider all of them friends.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
Middle school was pretty hell. I moved right before High School, joined the football team and got a band. It was one hell of a turn around.
England works kinda differently

We got Years 6-13 (but on less year in uni/college)

I was a nobody until year 12-13, from year 6-8 nothing really went down
So for me 9-11 was the worse time for me, as I was a nobody

12-13 kicked in, now I am known in my schools yearbook as 'Rock Legend Nick Green' and 'Slash'....and most likely to become a rockstar when older....so yeah....
We have a different system though:

Primary (grunnskole) -- 1st - 7th
Lower secondary (ungdomskole) -- 8th - 10th
Upper secondary (videregående skole) -- 11th - 12th/13th (depends if you're heading for apprenticeship or university admission)

7th and 9th grade sucked the most, so I voted for "middle school".
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Aug 20, 2011,
elementary was pretty fun, things were much simpler and no one cared

middle school was really fun, i was apart of the "cool" crowd and had tons of fun being a little shit head with my friends to the teachers

high school is really fun cuz the teachers are more laid back and everyone in my classes likes to screw around so class is always funny. dont hang out with the "cool" crowd but friends with pretty much everyone. oh and i started drinking and smokin a lot more, which is fun.

overall though, my best memories come from middle/high school and i guess elementary was the worst.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Last edited by jimihendrix6699 at Aug 20, 2011,
Quote by Highelf04
England works kinda differently

We got Years 6-13 (but on less year in uni/college)

I was a nobody until year 12-13, from year 6-8 nothing really went down
So for me 9-11 was the worse time for me, as I was a nobody

12-13 kicked in, now I am known in my schools yearbook as 'Rock Legend Nick Green' and 'Slash'....and most likely to become a rockstar when older....so yeah....

We used to have a 13th year in Ontario. Apparently it was awesome. I wonder what happened to it
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
My middle school years were the worst years of my life. High School years weren't much better, I wish I could redo them.

All my school years were Hell .
Quote by yaaarp
We used to have a 13th year in Ontario. Apparently it was awesome. I wonder what happened to it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_Academic_Credit
This?
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Elementary and Middle school was a breeze for me. I got along with everyone and nothing bad really happened. Pretty chill.

But High school was a disaster for me. A lot of really mean people went to my school and some teachers had anger problems with the tiniest things. Also, there was a Spanish teacher who was a total creep and actually touched female students, but OF COURSE nothing was done about it. -_-

I didn't really fit in with any social groups (and there was plenty), so I just kinda bounced from group to group trying to find a place, but I never did. It didn't help that the school got SUPER strict with everything too. No fun allowed guise.

I had this great expectation that high school was gonna be fun and I would have a bunch of friends. That didn't happen at all. I'm hoping college is gonna be fun
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Quote by Julz127

What a waste of schools.

Well, to be fair most middle schools in the US actually go from sixth grade to eighth grade. Although just seventh and eighth isn't that uncommon either.

Anyways, I thought high school was by FAR the worst. Not so much because of the people (I didn't really notice much of a difference between middle and high school in that respect), but because the whole institution of school just became unbearable for me at that point. It was nothing but asshole teachers and constant mind-numbing boredom. I just hated all of it. Also, I kept having to switch schools for various reasons (moving, schools closing because of budget cuts, etc.) so it was really hard to make friends. Eventually I decided to get my GED and go to community college a year early. Best decision I ever made, to be honest.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Middle school is when everybody's trying to be cool and different and original. So it was obviously the worst.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Gorelord666

Yup.

The "Grade 13 diploma" was recognized in many jurisdictions as being the equivalent of first-year university and having it would enable some students to apply directly for entry into second-year at universities outside of Ontario.

Wow that sounds pretty awesome.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
I didn't like elementary school, but that was only because my mom wanted to raise me smart, and taught all the shit before I even got there. By the time I was in Senior Kindergarden, I already knew how to read, write, and do math (and not "1+1=2" math, multiplication, division, and some exponents). So I was bored to hell. And to make matters worse, due to my boredom, I completed the entire first grade curriculum in senior kindergarten while all the other kids were finger painting or whatever the hell they do, so the principal said I could completely skip first grade. HOWEVER, my parents said "I would learn better with kids my own age", so I theoretically did first grade twice. And my first grade teacher was a bitch.

TL;DR Elementary school sucked, especially first grade.
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Last edited by CPDmusic at Aug 20, 2011,
Quote by CPDmusic
I didn't like elementary school, but that was only because my mom wanted to raise me smart, and taught all the shit before I even got there. By the time I was in Senior Kindergarden, I already knew how to read, write, and do math (and not "1+1=2" math, multiplication, division, and some exponents). So I was bored to hell. And to make matters worse, due to my boredom, I completed the entire first grade curriculum in senior kindergarten while all the other kids were finger painting or whatever the hell they do, so the principal said I could completely skip first grade. HOWEVER, my parents said "I would learn better with kids my own age", so I technically did first grade twice. And my first grade teacher was a bitch.

TL;DR Elementary school sucked, especially first grade.

I could've skipped grade 4 but didn't. You should've done what I did and just play mini sticks and chill during class.
Elementary school = Wonderful happy time, unaware of everything that is bad in the world. Average school day included watching the Magic School Bus and playing with the class gerbil.

Middle school = Hell on earth, go through awkward puberty stage, everyone is a bitch and you don't have recess anymore.

High school = Not a single fuck was given those years.

EDIT: Who am I kidding, it all sucked. Being a bully victim FTL.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Page 1 of 4