I have a Jackson JS32T, and I've had this baby for about 6 months now, but I'm kinda getting bored of the pickups. My Jackson has Jackson stock pickups and I want to switch them out for a new set of kickass pickups, but I need help picking some out because I'm not that big into the whole pickup/more technical stuff about the guitar. I tend to play allot of metal/core/anything that floats my boatcore if that tells you anything. Thanks!
Ok im sure a million people are going to disagrea with this post but get the emg 81 85 set. There awesome metal pickups even though alot of people think there over rated. Very sharp and scooped and very high output with very little junk though.
Quote by 95thFallout
Ok im sure a million people are going to disagrea with this post but get the emg 81 85 set. There awesome metal pickups even though alot of people think there over rated. Very sharp and scooped and very high output with very little junk though.

you're right.
to change from passive to active pickups, he'll have to change the pots, and find a place to put the batteries, and it'll cost a fortune in 9V batteries.

personally, i would go on Seymour Duncan's website and browse through their pickups to see what you like.
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
bare knuckle pickups if i had the chance i would throw my emgs into traffic for a set of them
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by Unholy.Daemon
you're right.
to change from passive to active pickups, he'll have to change the pots, and find a place to put the batteries, and it'll cost a fortune in 9V batteries.

personally, i would go on Seymour Duncan's website and browse through their pickups to see what you like.

Not to mention get a new stereo input jack.

I would look at some passive pickups first, something by Dimarzio or Seymour Duncan. Specifically something high output like the JB, Super Distortion, Dactivator, Duncan Distortion or Evolution.

But if you really want actives, get actives, EMGs, SD Blackouts.. its all good.
Just be prepared to have to spend some money and get new electronics, as well as paying for someone to wire everything up for you.

IMHO, I don't think it is worth it on that guitar, you'd almost be spending the same amount or more on new pickups and electronics than you did to buy the guitar in the first place.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by JakePlaysGuitar
Hmm get some dirty fingers, they're pretty good, it's what tom delong uses.

What does Tom Delonge have to do with metalcore?

TS: Go to Dimarzios website and use their pickup finder thing. It normally gets pretty close to what you're looking for.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
What does Tom Delonge have to do with metalcore?

TS: Go to Dimarzios website and use their pickup finder thing. It normally gets pretty close to what you're looking for.

That's not the point, the point is they can do the tones, and other tones as well, not just the same old emg's over used metal sound.
Last edited by JakePlaysGuitar at Aug 20, 2011,