So i have 6505+112 combo. I left the amp on standby at band practice to go smoke a cig and i come back and both power tubes wont glow and neither will the preamp tube next to the reverb tank. The other 4 preamp tubes up front are fine... I checked the fuse and its good. I dont think its tube related because it seems strange that all the tubes in the back portion of the amp arent working.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Man, what do they do over in China to cause these tube problems

I would either get 2 new matched 6L6 tubes or exercise your warranty.

Also - is it possible you just can't see them glow. Have you looked at them in complete darkness? Try that first after making sure they are pushed in nice and snug.
Was anyone near the amp who may have knocked it or something? Maybe the tubes have just popped out a bit?
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
No they werent working at all. My amp would not work at all even with no pedals in the fx loop and a guitar straight into the input and it was not on standby, we jam in a dimly light basement i would be blind if i couldnt see the filament in the tubes glowing. Plus the tubes still are on when the amp is on standby...

Might i add my amp was extremely hot and it was on for over 5 hours. I let it sit for 6 hours and it seems to be working again.
Im just worried i may have damaged it by overheating. It was extremely hot today and we had band practice for 5+ hours plus a few breaks were it was on standby. So it was never off.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Don't worry dude - Peavey have loaded the 6505+ 112s with some shitty chinese tubes that seem to fail all over the place - most people who get them seem to change at least the power amp valves out as soon as they buy the amp. You can either change them yourself, or take them to a tech... it probably did have something to do with it being on so long, but don't worry about long term damage - the amp is designed to stay on for a pretty long time - if I was playing a large gig my amp would be on and off standby pretty much all day - whatever practice you can get in on the morning, leave it on standby and warmed up for a soundcheck, and then leave it on until your actual set... thats practically a full day!
aright man thanks you made me feel better haha. I was actually thinking about retubing my amp in the next week or two. Ive noticed a lose in sound quality in the past few weeks so maybe this was just icing on the cake in regards to my tubes.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Before doing anything radical, try just pulling the tubes out and plugging them back in.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Before doing anything radical, try just pulling the tubes out and plugging them back in.

big +1

when i [thought] blew my first tube quite a few years ago, i paniced that it blew up or something... lol. i think this happens to a lot of people, but i had my dad look at it with me, and he noticed that one of the tubes weren't seated. push it back in, and i was good to go, actually lasted until i sold the amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/