Hi,

I have owned my Vypyr 30 for two years.and want to do some recording.

just wanted to ask if i need any specific software to record guitar from my amp to the socker on my desktop pc? Im pretty sure my PC has a realtek soundcard,but i just wanted to know if i need a music recording programme.

Also,i would like to know which cable i need to record and also where i can obtain an updating cable.Im in the UK.

Cheers or any help guys

Lee
I would say all you need is a 3.5" auxiliary cable that connects from the mic input of the computer to the "record out" on the amp. That being said I use wavepad sound editor, which isnt the best but you can get a free trial and use it
GUITAR-ESP LTD MH-400NT - EMG 81/85
1992 BC RICH WARLOCK PLATINUM SERIES
AMP- PEAVEY VYPYR 15
I have the 30, I don't think you can update it.

You need a 3.5mm cable to hook from the record out to the input of your computer. You will need a program to record it. Audacity is free, but can have problems often. I use Sonar X1 and it's really good, plus it has the ability to add in percussion and bass tracks that I can program in (since I don't have either instrument).

Your Vypyr should have come with a free trial of Reaper, if you got it new, try that out if you want to, I never bothered, so I don't know how that stuff goes, I just know it's there.

EDIT: I get great tone when I use the record out, no complaints from that. If you are concerned about quality, consider getting a microphone set-up to the speaker, and figure it out from there. I've used the record out exclusively, with great results.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Last edited by guitarmaniac88 at Aug 20, 2011,
Can you get something nice when you record the Vypyr using "record out" ? Because what I get has a shitty quality.