Has anyone here ever built a Whamola? I know there was a whamola build thread a while back, I was just curious about problems people has encountered with building theirs or if you have time to share your method of building one. I may post pictures later of the one I have started. I'm not very far in but I will share what I have done.

I have gotten a 7 foot long, 1 inch by 1 inch, square, steel shaft. Then, with a hacksaw, I cut a slot at the top for the wheel to go in.

I am still trying to find my wheel and my finger board wood.

This build is just to try it out, I plan on making another one, with the body completely our of wood, no steel shaft.

Adam
Holy jesus! This isn't spam! There really is such a thing as a whamola! Please excuse my ignorance.
Quote by y2k11hmmm?
Holy jesus! This isn't spam! There really is such a thing as a whamola! Please excuse my ignorance.

haha, yes they are real
i used to have a whamola that i made in the middle of the night on a dare. I made it out of a 2x2and a bike peg.you hsould post spme pics of yours when you get the chance. mine is sadly gone.
no sir away a papaya war is on
so this is like a modern Berimbau? looks really cool. We once had a Berimbau player at my school, he played with us in the orchestra
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
Quote by SupahStrat
so this is like a modern Berimbau? looks really cool. We once had a Berimbau player at my school, he played with us in the orchestra

Yeah, I guess so... it's pretty much an electric washtub bass