Poll: Are you interested in this guitar which is about $4,000 US?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you interested in this guitar which is about $4,000 US?
Yes!
3 4%
No!
28 41%
Yes, but I don't like it as much as I like having $4,000.
15 22%
Silly Gibson, effects go in the PEDALS!
17 25%
Everything else about it rocks but it looks awful!
5 7%
Voters: 68.
Gibson Firebird X

If it's as good as it is on this website, I may just rob a bank and buy one of these. That way I can make my inner rock star and my inner geek happy at the same time! What do you guys think? Good? Worth 4,000 US for one lucky enough to have it? BTW the website lists it at %5700 i think but Guitar Center is selling them for $4k they say. That's where that number is from.
Last edited by DeathByPalmMute at Aug 20, 2011,
Functionality-wise, it seems like it's pretty badass. That being said, it's hella ugly.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by Lespauljames
this is old news, gibsons psuedo Entre into the modern guitar market was IMO one of the biggest fails in guitar history.

How can it be a failure if it's not out for another 5 weeks? Did I miss something?
Quote by Spartan101400
Not sure if Man or Woman in link

she has bewbies
if i did have all my gear in my sig, id have to change it weekly

"I tried to talk to you and you just kept playing"
"Well why didn't you pull out your boobies?"
"You were busy, I didn't think that would matter."
"Boobies always matter, always."
Quote by DeathByPalmMute
How can it be a failure if it's not out for another 5 weeks? Did I miss something?

They've been in this market for a while, though. The Robot Series, the Les Paul Dusk Tiger, Les Paul Dusk Fire, Les Paul Standard 2010 Limited... all "futuristic" guitars.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by carlos_almighty
They've been in this market for a while, though. The Robot Series, the Les Paul Dusk Tiger, Les Paul Dusk Fire, Les Paul Standard 2010 Limited... all "futuristic" guitars.

Oh ok, I been out of the game for a little while just recently got back into guitars in general do I didn't know.
Quote by DeathByPalmMute

yep.

the firebird X has been around for ages. it doesn't even say the year, given how much of a failure it was they probably swept it under the carpet and didn't even update the page from the initial launch.

consumer electronics and an electric guitar don't mix.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
When Gibson made a signature model for the Jonas Brothers, all hope was gone, imo.
---> http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Melody-Maker/Gibson-USA/Jonas-Brothers-Melody-Maker.aspx
(EDIT: Massive LOL at the hate comments below...!)

I love Fender, and I know that they made a signature model for Avril Lavinge, but at least it's in the "Squier" departement.
---> http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0301010506

Fender is the only true religion for me.
Last edited by G.Krizzel at Aug 20, 2011,
Quote by G.Krizzel
When Gibson made a signature model for the Jonas Brothers, all hope was gone, imo.
---> http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Melody-Maker/Gibson-USA/Jonas-Brothers-Melody-Maker.aspx

I love Fender, and I know that they made a signature model for Avril Lavinge, but at least it's in the "Squier" departement.
---> http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0301010506

Fender is the only true religion for me.

other than the jonas brothers there's nothing wrong with the jonas brothers melody maker. pretty cool guitar even if it's not much different to a les paul special.

edit: what hate comments?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 20, 2011,
Quote by DeathByPalmMute
So does my dad!

thats just lovely
if i did have all my gear in my sig, id have to change it weekly

"I tried to talk to you and you just kept playing"
"Well why didn't you pull out your boobies?"
"You were busy, I didn't think that would matter."
"Boobies always matter, always."
Quote by DeathByPalmMute
So does my dad!

HAHAHHA

nice one

its definatly a chick
That guitar is the definition of fugly. I've always thought that it's totally unnecessary to shove all those extra electronics into a guitar, they just look like they don't belong
Quote by <<I>>
LOL I didn't know they made a Jonas Brothers signature guitar. I bet they don't even sold all 300 :P

How can you not know? Isn't that one of the Jonas Brothers on the front of that link? But really though, if I were in a badass metal band like Five Finger Death Punch or Slayer I'd buy a jonas brothers siggy and play it at every show while wearing one of their t-shrits.
Last edited by DeathByPalmMute at Aug 20, 2011,
I can't believe they inlayed the 5th fret with an X. X means 10 goddamit!!!
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

That's almost as ugly as that Home Depot pile of crap...
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Quote by carlos_almighty

they are not "futuristic" guitars. they are guitars incorporated with the robot system. now they are putting all the onboard stuff onto the guitars.

it can definitely have a use, and it could definitely be good for saving space on stage, however, i would only want the tuning system, and thats it.
Not a chance

For 4 grand I'd get like, a custom Ran or something.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Nothing about this guitar appeals to me.

I appreciate Gibson's efforts to be innovative, but it seems like they're just trying to cram in as much technology as they can, regardless of whether or not the result is practical.

Also, none of the "revolutionary" features are actually new. They have been done before by other companies, just not integrated into the guitar. Frankly, if I had 4000 dollars to spend and demanded that much versatility, I'd get a more conventional guitar and a powerful effects processor of some sort.
Last edited by sashki at Aug 20, 2011,
Quote by Blompcube

edit: what hate comments?

The ones in the link, Blomp.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
*barf*

SACRILEGE.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
was TS the only one that voted yes?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by kangaxxter
The ones in the link, Blomp.

ah right, he edited his post right after i posted so i thought it was referring to something i'd said somehow