I was just looking up the sheet music for Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold ( http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtdVPE.asp?ppn=MN0064241#ProductDetails ). Looking at the key signature i saw there was a Bb, so i assumed it would be in D minor since most of the riffs are based off of some form of a D chord, and it has a darker sound to it I think. Also, there's really never an F chord in the song, and it resolves to D. But, when i looked at the "Product Details" it said that the original published key was F major. Now yes I know that D is the relative minor but I'm confused as to why they would name it in the major key, when it seems much more centered around D. Can anyone help clarify? Thanks!
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Quote by Brainpolice2
Honestly, it simply looks like the people at the website screwed up by defaulting to the major when looking at the key signature.

Oh lol that could definitely explain it, thanks.
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
It's probably because someone saw the last chord was F and thought that was the tonic. However, that's a double whammy because the interlude/outro section of the song actually modulates to C, making F the IV chord.
Ben