Hi all, you probably see these threads a lot so I apologize in advance.

I'm trying to pick a USB Audio Interface since I just got a brand-new, $1600 computer that can actually run amp simulation/recording software/pretty much anything you want with a 3.8 ghz quad-core processor, 8gb of RAM and all that other fancy stuff.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to the M-Audio Fast Track (MK II model) and the POD Studio UX1.

I already have all the software and stuff I need, btw.

The POD seems like a better choice and it's only $20 more so I'm leaning toward that. Thoughts?

Thanks,

- Pac_Man
If it's ONLY for amp sims then get the Line6. If you think you'll ever throw any mics in too get the m-audio. Better yet stretch your budget and get a Focusrite.
Quote by sandyman323
If it's ONLY for amp sims then get the Line6. If you think you'll ever throw any mics in too get the m-audio. Better yet stretch your budget and get a Focusrite.

x1000

Prolly go with the m audio if you think you'll wanna mic an amp, but personally id stretch the budget a bit and go with something higher quality
i find presonus have better preamps than m audio and equal if not better build quality
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
thats what im using at the moment and its terrific.if you have a firewire port id recommend the firebox or firestudio mobile because firewire connections have less latency
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
The Peavey PV6 USB Mixer would be a better choice.
And it's only $129.99

M-Audio is okay but the drivers take over everything and does not play well with other drivers, tends to be picky on the D.A.W you use.

One of the main things I like about Peavey PV6 USB Mixer is it has EFX send and return so if you have a amp without EFX you can run your pedals from the mixer.

Also being a Mixer you can use the EQ to shape you tone even more.

But the best part is it use windows drivers just plug and play.
Last edited by leesops at Aug 21, 2011,
Audiobox preamps are only ok. If you can stretch and get a Focusrite Saffire 6 that would be best. I had a ux1 and liked it and podfarm but it wasn't fantastic.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by sandyman323

I prefer my UX2 over my old Fast Track Pro but I would say if I didn't get the UX2 just to last me for a year before I upgrade I would have got the Focusrite without any hesitation. In that price range its clearly the best compared to M-Audio and Line 6. The Line 6 and M-Audio after a while leave you with a feeling of wanting more.

Regardless I would never get anything with less than 2 inputs and phantom power.

Quote by Eggmond
thats what im using at the moment and its terrific.if you have a firewire port id recommend the firebox or firestudio mobile because firewire connections have less latency

I have found this to only be true when recording more than 2 tracks or so at a time if you have a good cpu. But when talking about 1 - 2 inputs USB and FireWire don't matter.

EDIT: To TS if your spending that much on a computer you are hurting yourself by buying a cheap interface.
Last edited by FireHawk at Aug 21, 2011,
I got the computer for 40% off retail price, and I didn't buy it for recording. I'm not looking to lay down professional tracks, just something I can use to record ideas and the odd cover. I don't want to spend $200 on an interface that i'm just going to use for fun at home.

I keep getting suggestions to "stretch" my budget, but there's a reason I'm looking at cheaper interfaces. I'm going to college and it's pretty damn expensive so I don't have $400 to burn on an interface.
Also I do have a Firewire port on my computer.

Edit: But I just checked and it's Firewire 400, which is slower than USB 3.0 and eSATA III 6 GB/s (which I have all of).
Last edited by Pac_man0123 at Aug 21, 2011,
Quote by Pac_man0123
Also I do have a Firewire port on my computer.

Edit: But I just checked and it's Firewire 400, which is slower than USB 3.0 and eSATA III 6 GB/s (which I have all of).

Well as far as I know, there are no USB 3.0 audio interfaces in production and definitely no eSATA ones

Also, do you even want to record vocals, or do you only want to do guitar sims?