Page 1 of 2
I just got back from the pawn shop and pawned my 2000 MIM Fender jazz bass and my Jackson JS30 Kelly. I did this to help my mom since my sister is a lying thieving cunt.

I will be getting them back, but still I hated doing it.

Anyone here ever had to pawn your gear to get by?
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
I sold some fx pedals once to buy smokes and gas!!! A metal zone2 and Boss Super OD. Got $35 for each from a Music Go Round.
no, because if it comes down to having to pawn things for money, its probable that i wont be getting those items back.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Shouldn't talk shit about your family behind their backs.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Steve635z
No, but i'm laughing at the fact you had to.

dude don't be prick
Quote by Steve635z
No, but i'm laughing at the fact you had to.

Aw the man child is trying to be a troll. How cute.
Quote by JustRooster
Shouldn't talk shit about your family behind their backs.

Oh no, I talk shit to her face too. She's fucking useless.

Any way I'll get them back hopefully in a few weeks.
Quote by FatalGear41

TS is mad.
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
yeah, you gotta tell us. you said she's no good and you don't care, so you have no reason not to. also you should post pictures of her if she's hot. PM me her nudes if you have them.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Dammit, TS, stop blue balling us!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
man pawning that RG must have been painful.

Okay for the last why in the hell would I have nudes of my sister? She's not even hot.

Okay heres the story. My mom went to Nicaragua on a mission trip and she was supposed to get a rent check in the mail (My mom rents one of her houses out) my sister stole the 950 dollar check then deposited into her own account.

My mom got back from her trip, saw the missing money and forced my sister to cough up the money, but my cunt of a useless sister already spent a good portion of it, which left my mom no money for groceries, dog food, gas money. My sister said that her live in "boyfriend" (who pays nothing) mom was sending my sister a check to pay my mom back, which was a typical sister LIE. Now my mom is left with not a single fucking dime to her name.

I don't make much so to help my mom I pawned my Fender jazz and my Jackson Kelly.
The saddest part about this is my sister doesn't fucking care, she is still swearing she did nothing wrong. She also still swears that her "boyfriends" moms check is in the mail.

The saddest part of all this is my mom still helps my sister with bills, hell even allowed my sister to live in one of her houses free of charge till she got back on her feet. What does my sister do to said house? Nothing. her boys destroy it.
Quote by FatalGear41

Last edited by Alucard817 at Aug 21, 2011,
I sold my old Schecter Tempest for drug money.

Never got it back.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Butt Rayge
How can you be certain that you'll get them back?

Oh my mom is getting them out of pawn, sort of paying me back for helping her.
Quote by FatalGear41

it hurts now but you did the right thing. Mom gotta cut off the sister, you gotta write a good song about pawning your gear to help your mom.
why does this sound like a replay of my dads family..??
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Alucard817
Oh my mom is getting them out of pawn, sort of paying me back for helping her.

But can you garuntee it wont be sold? Or that you'll get it back at the same price?

Seems a bit risky to me.
Quote by Butt Rayge
But can you garuntee it wont be sold? Or that you'll get it back at the same price?

Seems a bit risky to me.

If you pawn an item they cannot sell it. They will hold onto and store the item you pawn for maybe 90 days or so (I made this number up, I'm sure it varies from place to place) and if you haven't payed them back in that time frame they legally gain possession of it and can then sell it.
Oh really? i thought they were just second hand stores.

Now I totally understand why all the pawn shops in town are also money lenders. They take the items as collateral. Derp. Makes sense now.

I guess I always just thought that they were in the 'second hand items and money lending' business.
Quote by Alucard817
*story*

Smack that whore.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by RU Experienced?
If you pawn an item they cannot sell it. They will hold onto and store the item you pawn for maybe 90 days or so (I made this number up, I'm sure it varies from place to place) and if you haven't payed them back in that time frame they legally gain possession of it and can then sell it.

That's what a pawn store is ???

I always thought they were just secondhand stores.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
That's what a pawn store is ???

I always thought they were just secondhand stores.

sort of, but "pawning" is basically a sort of loan. they'll take almost anything for a fairly low price, so you can trade something you have for money when you need it. like if you need $1000 for something right now, and won't be paid for a week. but if you don't pay them back within the allowed time, they keep your shit, and then they will try and sell it. but you can outright sell your stuff if you don't need it anymore.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Alucard817

Oh no, I talk shit to her face too. She's fucking useless.

You're so hardcore, TS.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by LostLegion
I love a good Hardcore Pawn

Such a good business.

Well that was nice of you TS. Hopefully you get everything back and your mom takes more precautions.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
That sucks, TS. What a crappy feeling it is to have them only give you a few measly bucks for stuff you value so much.

I've gone into pawn shops to check out guitar stuff but I simply don't trust it for some reason, of course none of them were high end pawn stores. Buying someone else's old dreams is also pretty crappy.

btw, seeing as i've been so compassionate and understanding, unlike everyone else can you just add in a quick pic of her or describe her to us. Just for shits and giggles, ya know.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

I'm on TS's side. You did a good thing.

I haven't pawned anything in my life as of now, but maybe I'll be pushed to do it later on (though I doubt it).
Quote by mystical_1
I've gone into pawn shops to check out guitar stuff but I simply don't trust it for some reason, of course none of them were high end pawn stores. Buying someone else's old dreams is also pretty crappy.

Not always the case. Many people sell their stuff if they don't need or want it any more.
There are tons of kick ass deals to be had at pawn shops. Hell I got my 20 anniversary Squier strat for 75 bucks at a pawn shop.

Typically when I have money I will spend a few days going pawn shop hoping.
Quote by FatalGear41

Page 1 of 2