Quote by MSNBC
ROSEVILLE, Mich. — The feet of a 24-year-old Detroit-area man failed him as he tried to use them to brake his pickup on a busy highway.

Roseville Police Deputy Chief James Berlin said the man rolled about two miles on Groesbeck Highway while sticking his feet outside his truck in attempts to stop it, hitting four vehicles along the way.

Berlin said the man admitted he knew the brakes weren't working but wanted to get home because he was tired and had to go to work the next day. The chief called it a case of "moronic decision-making," reported The Detroit News.

Drive over to Facebook to run into the weird news crowd!

He was unable to stop the truck at a red light at the intersection of 13 Mile and Groesbeck, ran the light and hit two vehicles, Berlin said. He continued on and hit two more at another intersection, Berlin said.

He said the driver was finally stopped when an officer caught up with him and told him to put the truck in park.

"I just can't believe anybody would think for a second they could make it home using their feet as a brake," Berlin said.
Story: Drivers see baby in truck bed, call police

No one was injured during Wednesday afternoon's accidents, but the man received a citation for reckless driving. Berlin said the man passed field sobriety tests, but his driver's license also was suspended at the time of the accidents.

He faces charges of reckless driving and driving with a suspended license.

"It's so stupid, it's comical. But it could have been very tragic," Berlin said.

Someone's gotta say it, so I will,

YABBA DABBA DOOOOO!!!!

OT: People's stupidity seems boundless.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Berlin said the man passed field sobriety tests

...then I suspect this man must possess a single digit IQ.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
How'd he put it in drive without a break?
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Did he know the emergency brake probably still functioned?

The first thing you learn when driving is to use the e-brake when your brakes fail.
sigh...
Quote by ethan_hanus
It's an automatic, you don't have to apply the break to put it in gear, but it's a good idea.

Yes you do

Every Automatic I've ever driven you had to put on the brakes to put it in gear.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
Yes you do

Every Automatic I've ever driven you had to put on the brakes to put it in gear.

Not really. There's no safety switch on the brakes. There is a neutral safety, which means you can't start the car in any gear but park and neutral.

On manuals, you have to have the clutch pushed in when you start the car, it's another safety thing to keep you from taking off as you start it.

It's just a habit of putting your foot on the brake when you start it, and put it in gear, so the car doesn't take off the second you put it in gear.
some automatics actually do require you to step on the break while going form park to drive, or whatever. I know for a fact I cannot move the shifter in my car if I'm not stepping on the brake...from experience.
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
Quote by 12epi345
some automatics actually do require you to step on the break while going form park to drive, or whatever. I know for a fact I cannot move the shifter in my car if I'm not stepping on the brake...from experience.

Must be the newer cars, cause all the ones I've driven(quite alot, being a mechanic) have never needed you to step on the brake to shift it, especially anything that has a column shifter.
Wow... I wonder what the police officer said to him haha. I wish they showed that part.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Must be the newer cars, cause all the ones I've driven(quite alot, being a mechanic) have never needed you to step on the brake to shift it, especially anything that has a column shifter.

nope, it's a 99. but it doesn't have a column shifter.
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
Last edited by 12epi345 at Aug 20, 2011,
I hope he didn't expect the stuff in the bed of the truck to help him :|
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Quote by ethan_hanus

To shift from park, you need to apply pressure to the break on my car.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
They're right you need to push on the break to shift. Even if you didn't have to, it still would be smart to do so.
I pretend to write songs.

If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright
Because I believe that after we're gone
The spirit carries on