Hey, I'm looking to buy a six string bass, my main instrument is guitar, but I also like to play bass. I have a four string right now, it's an Epiphone one I got for 100 bucks, and it has worked for me so far. What's a cheap six string I could get? that you think would be good for me, I would be looking to spend up to $500 or $600 ( I know I don't have many choices for that price but...)

Thanks in advance, Adam
Last edited by asmithgdci at Dec 30, 2011,
if you want cheap you can buy the Ibanez Gio gsr206 for only 300 bucks brand new

if you want to go a tad higher you can find an used 6string Ibanez or even schecter
ibanez has rthe gsr206 like has been mentioned, then the sr series. schecter stiletto custom 6 is a good bass, pretty beefy compared to the sr series as far as dimensions go. esp ltd has a couple in your range, I can't remeber what they are though. also rondomusic.com ususally has a couple of 6 srtings that are not bad. anarkee, one of our regulars, has one.

edit: see v
no sir away a papaya war is on
Last edited by the_perdestrian at Aug 21, 2011,
Another place to look is Rondo music. I have a really nice Brice 6 er from them that is made surprisingly well for the price.
Try the LTD B-206:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley