I was wondering how many of you had actually played one of these guitars, because I know his other sig has got a bashing in the review section from user comments, but does anyone have any playing experience with them, or even own one of them?
The model in question is the gold and black blade that he had before his most recent one. I'm thinking about getting one, but I won't be able to try it before I buy it sadly
i've actually never tried one and to be honest personally i wouldn't buy one but if you really want it go for it
Quote by MM14
i've actually never tried one and to be honest personally i wouldn't buy one but if you really want it go for it

Unhelpful person says unhelpful things.

ANYWAY

Schecter's are great quality guitars, I looked up the stats for this guitar and his other sigs, along with the reviews, and it checks out, everyone seems happy with it.

The pickups are nice, the body quality is good, I think you would like it. I would try it out if possible, but that goes with any guitar really.
Schecters are sweet, and I've played the Blade once and it was nice. However, i always say not to go for guitars with that kind of personalization for the artist/ over the top graphics. Huge sevenfold fan myself, bought a Syn custom a few years back. I had to return it anyway cause it was all messed up from the factory. I got my current guitar then and looking back, I would have ended up regretting it a lot after I got over my sevenfold obsession.
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Quote by Kenjisan231
Unhelpful person says unhelpful things.

ANYWAY

Schecter's are great quality guitars, I looked up the stats for this guitar and his other sigs, along with the reviews, and it checks out, everyone seems happy with it.

The pickups are nice, the body quality is good, I think you would like it. I would try it out if possible, but that goes with any guitar really.

Thanks for taking the time to look it up. I thought it was a decent guitar from the specs, and because of the schecter name too, but I didn't understand all the bashing of it. I'm guessing it's just the fact thats it's an avenged sevenfold sig...
I had the chance to pick one up for £350 a coupla months back but I went for an ESP LTD EX-400 instead, and another one at a similar price has come round, but the guy selling it is absolutely miles away so trying it isn't possible...
I don't know if I'd be making a mistake in buying it when I decided on passing it up before, so I'm kinda stuck
Quote by slashfan226
Thanks for taking the time to look it up. I thought it was a decent guitar from the specs, and because of the schecter name too, but I didn't understand all the bashing of it. I'm guessing it's just the fact thats it's an avenged sevenfold sig...
I had the chance to pick one up for £350 a coupla months back but I went for an ESP LTD EX-400 instead, and another one at a similar price has come round, but the guy selling it is absolutely miles away so trying it isn't possible...
I don't know if I'd be making a mistake in buying it when I decided on passing it up before, so I'm kinda stuck

Go look at one of the articles regarding avenged sevenfold, they get bashed all the time for no reason, people hate them to hate them, they have no reason. If you want my opinion, do not use this site to look up guitar reviews, or any review for that matter. If you go to any retail site (like zzounds, guitar center, sweetwater) you will find the reviews are more objective and unbiased, here its just a consistent bitchfest for the sake of bitching.

The reviews themselves are decent, but the readers/commenters are hateful elitists who love misery. But I digress. Avenged Sevenfold is a great band and I think their signatures are decent. You are paying a little more because they are signature (but signatures always cost more). I was in a similar situation, I was going to buy a hellraiser but ended up buying an LTD EC-1000. the LTD is great, but I still want a schecter.
Quote by nirvanagrunge13
Schecters are sweet, and I've played the Blade once and it was nice. However, i always say not to go for guitars with that kind of personalization for the artist/ over the top graphics. Huge sevenfold fan myself, bought a Syn custom a few years back. I had to return it anyway cause it was all messed up from the factory. I got my current guitar then and looking back, I would have ended up regretting it a lot after I got over my sevenfold obsession.

It's good to hear from someone with first hand playing experience of it. That was my main issue with it was whether it was a nice guitar to play because I know of a few guitar that sound great on paper, but just don't perform in the hand.
The personalization is another issue with it, but I've had my eye on this model for a good while now and I don't think I'd regret getting it. But I will consider it in more detail now.

And thanks to all of you for the helpful replies, I now know that if I do go for it then it shouldn't be a terrible guitar. I just need to decided if I really want it...
Schecter makes great guitars for the money, and the sigs are great Schecters with a few extra appointments. The reason the A7X guitars get bashed is simply that A7X are despicable and their music sounds worse than detuned loops of dogs vomiting up their own feces, and nobody should reward their awfulness by buying their sig guitars. Instead of giving that awful trash any more money just buy a regular Schecter.
Quote by jpnyc
Schecter makes great guitars for the money, and the sigs are great Schecters with a few extra appointments. The reason the A7X guitars get bashed is simply that A7X are despicable and their music sounds worse than detuned loops of dogs vomiting up their own feces, and nobody should reward their awfulness by buying their sig guitars. Instead of giving that awful trash any more money just buy a regular Schecter.

This only further clarifies my point. One day people will realize that just because they don't like something doesn't make it bad. Its called being objective and mature, but if I actually to argue this point any further it will turn into a series of predictable quips, and my frustration meter is maxed for this month.
I like A7X, but wouldn't get a sig guitar, except the Tremonti SE. Kenjisan has a good point, people here tend ot bash out of habit. Hell I play Punk and Metal, but I think Foxy Shazam is posibly one of the more talented bands around right now. I guess I can apreciate good music and talent......
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by jpnyc

so what does that make the music you probably couldn't make? just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're bad, you probably cant play half the stuff they do.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Schecter's biggest selling point is the hardware they put in their guitars.

It definitely shows that they don't put as much effort into other areas, i.e. playability and build quality.

Not really... My Schecter is one of the best playing guitars I own, and is built like a damn tank... I don't know where you got that from.
You'll get a decent guitar, and if you like the specs/look of it, I say go for it. On the note of A7X, for me, it's not the band, but more so their fans. So many of them seem to be ignorant fanboys. For example, many said that no one could replace Rev and that Portnoy couldn't even play his parts. (lol) and other stuff along those lines. With all due respect to the Rev, he wasn't more than just a solid drummer.
Quote by griffin888
With all due respect to the Rev, he wasn't more than just a solid drummer.

................Besides the fact that he was a key songwriter for a big chunk of their songs.

(This coming from a non-fan or fanboy).
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
................Besides the fact that he was a key songwriter for a big chunk of their songs.

(This coming from a non-fan or fanboy).

Even still, that has nothing to do with his DRUMMING, writting is different. Great musician, Not the greatest thing to ever bless the drums as all the fan boys seem to think and say.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by DeathByPalmMute
THey look cool but get the Gates.

Again..unhelpful...have you ever played the "Gates" custom...I played the first model...will never touch one again...

TS, What Kenji said is all good advice..but I strongly recommend playing one before you buy it....

Seriously
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Hi there, slashfan226.

I recently owned a Zacky custom, that I managed to pick up for a great deal, and even though I'm not a big A7X fan, I couldn't pass it up price/specs wise. (We're talking 60% off...new). It was indeed a fine guitar, great sound, and it really had that aggressive punch, like that which you hear in UC. The build quality was probably that of a C-1 Custom. I believe it had a JB set, though you'd probably know, if you're looking to buy. Honestly the only thing I didn't like about it, besides the "hip" finish, was the neck. It was incredibly sticky. I would play for maybe 20 minutes and it would start to grime up, and get slow when you kept a rhythm hand. Besides that bit, it's a pretty decent guitar for the price I got it. But honestly, getting a signature guitar for anything else but bedroom or studio play is not really worth it, unless that is all you do. Not only that but any kid who sees you with it is gonna say "Omfmgmb dis dood ish p0z3r". If you're not worried about any of that, then disregard it. And anyway, you always want to try something before you buy it. What one person might have to gripe about, you might be happy about!

Well, there's my two cents. /end wall of text

Last edited by LostKeys at Aug 21, 2011,
The only reason I have respect for Schecter is that it seems to be the only company that makes set-necks and neck-thru's that doesn't continuously have problems with people breaking the hell out of their headstocks or necks (I mean you, Epiphone).
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
People often either like or don't like Schecter's necks. Thats pretty usual.

On the A7X matter (thread hijacking). I know that the Rev wasn't "the best in the world ever" but I honestly think he was more than just a "solid drummer". As mentioned, he was a great, great songwriter, an amazing personality, a great unique singer (voice) + I think he's drumming was more than just great. He had his own style and if you turned on their music, you could just tell that that was him drumming. I also think that his technical skills were pretty damn good. However, if anyone ever said that Portnoy can't play the Revs parts (technically), thats utter BS. Portnoy is also a great, great drummer. To end this, I'm NOT a fanboy. I am tbh a fan of their music but never have I ever acted like an ignorant douche as a fan. A7X isn't my ultimate favourite band, but I still consider myself a fan.

/sorry for thread hijacking