i finally used the effects loop on my frontman. still don't love it but it isn't so bad now, till i can get a decent amp. anybody else have a similar story?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
did you use a pedal or amp distortion?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

so then dirt runs into the other effects so a loop isn't necessary, right?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

i'm gonna get a second board and a few pedals so i can have a tuner->wah->compressor->OD->distortion->amp and loop->chorus->phaser->flanger->vibe->delay->loop

oh by the way how do you like the epi g400?

EDIT: and why did you have the booster in the loop?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Last edited by IronMaiden76 at Aug 22, 2011,

My fx loop i decided to use but short on cables
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
did you notice a difference?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

After I shot my Frontman with a 12 gauge, it started to sound much much better, more like a Twin Reverb.

I will run things like my Chorus pedal in the loop, because it causes less muddiness, but distortions and OD's, I run up front. On my Valveking, it makes a huge difference.
my dad won't let me shoot my amp i have a browning A-5 12 gauge with turkey sights, and a 20 gauge parker side by side but i can't shoot my amp... oh well

which valveking do you have?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

The 112, I turned it into a head and separate cab, for ease of transport. And the FX loop is what is causing my amp to not work properly at the moment, jacks went faulty, so it's cutting the signal to the power amp, thus making the amp hard and unreliable to use, until I fix it.
i was gonna do that, but i decided i might rather get a bugera... i dunno yet though
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

The Valveking is a great amp, just needs a new speaker, tubes, and it's prolly a good idea to get the OT, and choke swapped out for a better one, and have a bias pot put in to bias the tubes warmer, cause they are biased rather cold from the factory, but they do last a long time.

So, for about $700, you could get the Valveking with the mentioned mods and it'll do almost everything pretty well. You wont be limited by things like just metal, or just blues, or whatever, it does it all fairly decently, but not perfect. It takes alot of tweaking to get things just right, but you can nail almost any tone with it.
Quote by ethan_hanus
The Valveking is a great amp, just needs a new speaker, tubes, and it's prolly a good idea to get the OT, and choke swapped out for a better one, and have a bias pot put in to bias the tubes warmer, cause they are biased rather cold from the factory, but they do last a long time.

So, for about $700, you could get the Valveking with the mentioned mods and it'll do almost everything pretty well. You wont be limited by things like just metal, or just blues, or whatever, it does it all fairly decently, but not perfect. It takes alot of tweaking to get things just right, but you can nail almost any tone with it.

that's why i wanna get the 1960, it's like a plexi and when i mod my ds-1 i can use that for dirt... might get a VK though, either way i'm using the loop
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

love my sg. im about to mod it, it has a george lynch signature pickup i got off a friend in it, taking out the neck pickup and cutting a new pickguard to cover the hole, coil tapping the pickup and either doing series/parallel, phase change (for one of the coils) or a mute switch and a kill switch and putting a bigsby on it. but stock the neck is great and the pickups are not that bad.

the boost is in the loop cuz i use it as a clean boost for solos, and on my old amp it just distorted out front, but worked in the loop. and i just kept the same pedal setup when i got the sunn.
cool, i'm looking into an sg but i don't wanna plop down the cash for the gibson, and did it work as a volume boost?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

I don't really use the loop on my amp anymore because I find it really hard to get pedals that agree with it, and the disrtortion channel is so so unless the amp if cranked. I put everything up front, as I mainly use mod/delay in the bedroom and not in a band situation anyway, and usually not dirty.

I just think that my amps FX loop is really pretty shite, and if I had an amp with a better loop I would defiently use it.
that surprises me, my $300 fender has a pretty good loop
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Hey guys, Im new to UG and have recently wondered what the difference is between running it guitar > pedals > amp or the guitar > amp with pedals going in the loop or in my case power out... I have a fender front man 100w 212r as well. Can someone help a newby out because I have no I dea what the difference is! lol. I just run everything through the amps input.

Fender US Strat, Fender MX Strat, Fender US Tele, Epi Sheriton II > cry baby Wah-boss tu3 tuner- NANO Clean Boost- Boss sd1- bbe green screamer- mxr custom badass 78 distortion-boss noise supressor- visual sound chorus- digitech digi delay- hardwire rv7 reverb- digitech jamman > Fender Frontman 212R or Marshall Valvestate.
Quote by blueslover26
Hey guys, Im new to UG and have recently wondered what the difference is between running it guitar > pedals > amp or the guitar > amp with pedals going in the loop or in my case power out... I have a fender front man 100w 212r as well. Can someone help a newby out because I have no I dea what the difference is! lol. I just run everything through the amps input.

Fender US Strat, Fender MX Strat, Fender US Tele, Epi Sheriton II > cry baby Wah-boss tu3 tuner- NANO Clean Boost- Boss sd1- bbe green screamer- mxr custom badass 78 distortion-boss noise supressor- visual sound chorus- digitech digi delay- hardwire rv7 reverb- digitech jamman > Fender Frontman 212R or Marshall Valvestate.

the effects loop has it so your effect pedals do not interfier with the preamp of your amp. so it doesnt alter the distortion. this is why u would place an OD straight from your guitar to the amp, but a chorus or reverb in the FX Loop
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
the effects loop has it so your effect pedals do not interfier with the preamp of your amp. so it doesnt alter the distortion. this is why u would place an OD straight from your guitar to the amp, but a chorus or reverb in the FX Loop

so would it make my distortion sound better or worse if it was in the effects loop. And how do I get my Chorus, delay and reverb in the loop if its on my board? sorry I dont mean to sound retarded I just cant picture how that would go down. I mean it took me a while to figure out the whole return send with the input and output on my noise supressor!
Fender US Strat-Fender MX Strat-Fender US Tele-Epiphone Sheraton II>Cry Baby Wah-Boss TU3-Nano clean boost-Boss SD1-BBE Green Screamer-Mxr '78 Distortion-Visual Sound Chorus-Digitech Digi Delay-HardWire RV7 Reverb-Digitech Jamman>Fender Frontman 212R
Quote by blueslover26
so would it make my distortion sound better or worse if it was in the effects loop. And how do I get my Chorus, delay and reverb in the loop if its on my board? sorry I dont mean to sound retarded I just cant picture how that would go down. I mean it took me a while to figure out the whole return send with the input and output on my noise supressor!

You would take the "Send" > input of first pedal in the chain, and take the "Return" and plug it into the output of the last pedal. You basically make a loop from those inputs to the pedals and back. it's hard to describe without a picture. You do need the extra cables to attach them too.

And no, it wouldn't. You don't put distortion/OD/boost/fuzz in the effects loop. You know how reverb can be a separate effect on an amp? stuff like that ( delay, chorus, reverb, flanger, phaser) goes in the effects loop.

Once you figure it out, test out what sounds better. I have my chorus, delay and reverb in my loop, and I haven't had any complaints.
gotcha, thanks. I youtube or something to get a visual but it makes since about what you said with the amps having reverb and chorus and stuff. The only draw back is, I am in 3 different bands and pack up my gear alot. I have 3 different amps, one at each band practice location, so not having everything in the same board and trying to connect all that everytime i go out sounds really tidious. But then agin Ive never done it so I may be way off.
Fender US Strat-Fender MX Strat-Fender US Tele-Epiphone Sheraton II>Cry Baby Wah-Boss TU3-Nano clean boost-Boss SD1-BBE Green Screamer-Mxr '78 Distortion-Visual Sound Chorus-Digitech Digi Delay-HardWire RV7 Reverb-Digitech Jamman>Fender Frontman 212R
Quote by blueslover26

You have to run two extra cables for the loop. So you end up with 4 cables connected to your board. One from guitar, one to the amp input and two to the amp loop.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by blueslover26
gotcha, thanks. I youtube or something to get a visual but it makes since about what you said with the amps having reverb and chorus and stuff. The only draw back is, I am in 3 different bands and pack up my gear alot. I have 3 different amps, one at each band practice location, so not having everything in the same board and trying to connect all that everytime i go out sounds really tidious. But then agin Ive never done it so I may be way off.

Yeah, I hate having to carry extra cable and whatnot, but like I said it's really up to your ears. If they sound better out of the loop, go for it.
Thanks All
how's the loop on the Bugera 1960?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699