Hey guys i have a question, i really need help since i'm a noob at guitar efects and gear and i'm trying to learn more. I own a Line 6 POD HD 500, and a Line 6 Spider III 15 watts (not very relevant but my guitar is a Cort M200, not awesome but very reasonable for my level).
I sometimes give small concerts with my friends, and i've been needing more amp power since the bass on the band pretty such goes over everything cause he has at least 800 watts, against my poor 15.
Now my ideal was a stack from Mesa Boogie, head, speaker and shit, but i came across reality, and i realized that not only i don't need anything that powerfull, since i doubt i ever gonna make use of it and i'm far from rich for being able to afford such thing. So I've been investigating and i came across a Blackstar Stage 60, saw a video review by Andertons Music on youtube, and on the previous day i had just seen a concert which band had a guitar player who owned one of those on stage ( or at least it was very lookalike) so I thought it might be just the thing for me.
But besides my amp choice, my doubt is: how to take advantage of the new amp caracteristics, with the POD? on my current amp i hve just been using it on the clean channel with all the settings on 0, and i set all the parameteres from the modulated amps on the POD and effects. should I mix the settings on the POD with the amp settings? (note that my wanted Blackstar also has channels at least 3), or should i create the tone by not modulating an amp on the POD (you can leave the amp deactivated) and setting all parameters on the true amp? and doing that how will i use the rest of the chanels on the amp?
Sorry about the long text i implore for a bit of your pacience....
just leave the amp block off and use the effects on the pod.

OR you can run the pod into the effects loop return and use the amp models.

either way can yield good results, but if you like the tone of the amp i would suggest doing the first one.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Thanks for the advice man, what about the channels? would all the channels be good to work with the pedalboard in which i would suposely make a patch for each channel, or just the clean one?